• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test runs draft -Team XI's total sum of test runs must not exceed 30k(negotiable AF)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
so you're saying he's not overrated or underrated but appropriately rated? rare opinion to have

I wanna see at one point Voges is considered an ATG test batsman. If he retired tomorrow with an average of 95 from nearly the same amount of tests as Headley/Pollock, do we consider him as good?

Slifer

International Captain
I'm of the opinion that had Sir George played under similar circumstances to say a Wally Hammond or a Bradman, then he'd easily average in the 60 to 65 range.

mr_mister

yeah his last few tests kinda messed up his average a bit, would have been 66 if he stopped in 39. Played one more in 48 and one more again in 54? so random lol

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously? Gee I've always thought Headley was better. I agree it's close though
I do especially really rate Pollock though, must be said. Think it's a combination of reading and hearing those Australian's who played against him in that 69-70 series and of course then there's this when he was 50.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biqFa_Fs3uQ

For me Pollock's still SA's best ever pure Test batsman (Not cricketer, that's obviously Kallis), ahead of Kallis & B Richards whereas I rate both Viv & Lara ahread of Headley, when it comes to the Windies.

Close thing though as you say.

mr_mister

it's weird how Sobers test career started the year Headley's ended, and the same for Viv and Sobers. Lara and Viv one year gap between one's retirement and debut.

Makes it a cool little torch passing thing

watson

Banned
Round 1
honestbharani - Garry Sobers
morgieb - Mike Procter
Zinzan - Graeme Pollock
stphndbsn - Barry Richards
slifer - George Headley
a massive zebra
AndrewB
Shady Slim