• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've seen a bit but I'm a pretty terrible judge of keeping.. however I'd put him ahead of Bairstow, below Buttler.
Being ahead of Bairstow isn't a big benchmark though. The thing is though will we see improvement if he's more around the England camp like with Jos?

We need Pickup.

grecian

Well, officially it's not as much fun being on the end of an epic last-wicket partnership as your team doing it. Relieved with the tie in the end.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Well, officially it's not as much fun being on the end of an epic last-wicket partnership as your team doing it. Relieved with the tie in the end.
Somerset innings was disrupted by rain, but the total for Essex to chase is reduced by 2. How does that work?

grecian

Somerset innings was disrupted by rain, but the total for Essex to chase is reduced by 2. How does that work?
You're seriously asking me to explain Duckworth-Lewis, it is beyond my ken (palmer) I'm afraid.

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
They'd lost an early wicket when they were expecting to bat for 47 overs; this is less serious when you only have to bat for 29 overs.

Stace

First Class Debutant
I've seen a bit but I'm a pretty terrible judge of keeping.. however I'd put him ahead of Bairstow, below Buttler.
Below Buttler????? Jesus Christ that's crazy!!! He is closer to James Foster then to Buttler, his keeping to spin is especially good and 10 times better..

PEWS, you are a lot more knowledgeable about cricket then me (and probably a lot of other things) but that is wrong, i'm not just being biased either. I would go as far as saying its worth picking Billings in India as we wont be able to afford to drop any chances because we might not create many.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah Billings is a lot better than Buttler, who is still an athlete keeper rather than a proper gloveman.

theegyptian

Duckett to a 1000 runs over the three formats this season. First guy to do it this year. Not bad for a 21 year old.

646 runs @ 64.6 average @ 74.08sr in Div 2 Championship
234 runs @ 78 average @ 93.97 sr in 50 over cup.
140 runs @ 46.66 average @ 133.33sr in T20.

1020 runs.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Never thought that much of him, to be brutally honest, but his record is significantly better than I expected to be when I clicked on his Cricinfo profile

91Jmay

International Coach
Needs to leave Glouchester if he harbours England ambitions, D2 runs + really unfashionable county. Wouldn't blame him if he didn't though, he probably lives in his hometown and plays for his boyhood county. There are worse lives to have.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Only been watching since the wicket fell but Gloucester are leaving a lot on the table considering the wickets in hand. ****bain has looked hopeless against spin, they could have promoted a lower order player who can actually hit boundaries against the spinners. It seems harsh considering they reached 300 with 5 overs to spare but they have to compensate for their poor bowling attack, so this kind of inability to read the game situation can backfire. They'd better hope Klinger lasts the innings.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Only been watching since the wicket fell but Gloucester are leaving a lot on the table considering the wickets in hand. ****bain has looked hopeless against spin, they could have promoted a lower order player who can actually hit boundaries against the spinners. It seems harsh considering they reached 300 with 5 overs to spare but they have to compensate for their poor bowling attack, so this kind of inability to read the game situation can backfire. They'd better hope Klinger lasts the innings.
352 should be enough now. Hampshire batting isn't that good. Howell can maintain pressure in the middle overs.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
352 should be enough now. Hampshire batting isn't that good. Howell can maintain pressure in the middle overs.
Was just enough in the end, largely thanks to Klinger squeezing all the runs he could from the last few overs. Finished with 3 boundaries in a row I think.

Considering we've seen 450 almost chased this season, teams have to be more ambitious when they get such a good platform.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Never thought that much of him, to be brutally honest, but his record is significantly better than I expected to be when I clicked on his Cricinfo profile
Exactly how I felt about him at the end of the his year in Melbourne district cricket - finished top ten, we played him twice and thought he was ordinary both times.

theegyptian

Bloody hell. Tom Helm and Olly Stone both out for the season. Stone when celebrating the Moeen Ali wicket and doing his knee, and Helm his ankle whilst fielding. Two of the best hopes for the next generation of English fast bowlers, but neither can catch a break right now.