• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Asia Cup 2016

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
yeah but that's not the way to look at it. If you think someone is actually a 15% chance of winning but the odds have them as a 5% chance of winning, you should still bet. You're still an 85% chance of losing your money (!) but the point is over the long run you end up on top (if you make consistent bets with consistent stakes and of course if your assessments of % chance of winning are right)
Yeah I know what you mean but it doesnt exactly suit my betting strategy. I tend to look for value outside of just 'match winner' and if I think a few bets within the game are good value I feel like a wanker when the 20% bet match winner loses (as expected) when say the 40% bet that I thought was 45% happening wins.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
fair enough. Though, have you ever considered you may feel like a wanker when that happens simply because you are indeed a wanker? :ph34r:

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
fair enough. Though, have you ever considered you may feel like a wanker when that happens simply because you are indeed a wanker? :ph34r:
wankers don't really consider such things. Tonight's game is going to be awesome

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
3 left armers of varying heights and skills.. Irfan will find the uncomfortable length and disconcerting bounce, Wahab will skid and swing the ball at pace and Aamir will do a bit of both... Will be a huge challenge for any batting team to face these guys. If the Pak batting can hold up, they wil be serious threats, esp. if we get green pitches like we did for the first game.

indiaholic

International Captain
Don't see us winning this. We have been consistently facing mediocre attacks on roads. Will be absolutely destroyed by a Pakistan quality attack on very green pitches. The only batsman who looked any good was Rohit and even he will be Nohit as soon as a proper team starts bowling at him. Our bowling attack will be neutralised by Ashwin being lolbad on pitches which don't turn square.

#learnhowtogambhirHB

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For the good of the game I hope India bat first. If India bowl first game is pretty much over.

Howe_zat

Audio File
For the good of the game I hope India bat first. If India bowl first game is pretty much over.
The fact that I can't tell whether you think India bowling means they'll win or lose is good evidence this is a pretty bull**** post

smash84

The Tiger King
Don't see us winning this. We have been consistently facing mediocre attacks on roads. Will be absolutely destroyed by a Pakistan quality attack on very green pitches. The only batsman who looked any good was Rohit and even he will be Nohit as soon as a proper team starts bowling at him. Our bowling attack will be neutralised by Ashwin being lolbad on pitches which don't turn square.

#learnhowtogambhirHB
This is a half decent attempt at gambhiring. And I know what i am talking about,

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pretty much any team would be vulnerable if you fire out their top 4
Not India's ODI team circa 2011. Bowl out Sehwag, Tendulkar, Gambhir and Kohli and you still had Yuvraj, Raina and Dhoni to contend with.

Or Australia 2007 where dismissing the top 4 meant you had Symonds, Hussey and Watson :lol:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Actually Australia 2007 v India 2011 is a pretty decent argument for best top 7 of all time in ODIs but that's for another thread.