• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Asia Cup 2016

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
UAE scored 170+ against Afghanistan bowling. They just need to bat sensibly to win this one. Just don't bat like yesterday.

Niall

International Coach
Yupp TV is not bad; but UK TV channels should have shown this.
Absurd, India are going to play Pakistan in an international t20 which should be enough of a reason for an Asian channel in the UK to pick it up.

Doubt it would have cost millions:laugh:

Niall

International Coach
Patil with bet365 is 25/1 to top score tomorrow with UAE against Bangladesh.

He will probably be out for a duck now I said this, but he should never be bigger than 10/ or 12/1 especially against superior opposition where the top order can get blown away.

And he did top score today as well:ph34r:
Top posting this. :laugh:

I know he was out first ball, but still adamant that 25/1 for this guy to top score in a crap batting side is the wrong price. :@

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'll refrain from betting in any T20 involving UAE in near future...too unpredictable (plus I don't know as much about individual players as I should)

Afghanistan and Zimbabwe are easier to speculate about

Last edited:

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Mustafizur needs to learn the art of swing: his off-cutters won't work outside the subcontinent. Regarding that Indian game, at times Bangladesh were actually on top, but poor batting strategy cost them big-time. I know Rohit was dropped, but these things can and will happen, and is part and parcel of the game. India's batting is too strong for this format, so even if Rohit was caught, there is someone else to rebuild and strike BIG!!!

I think it was a right ploy to prepare a green mamba against India because it shows Bangladesh what they need to do to succeed overseas on such pitches. Had Tamim played then it would've been a lot closer, but I still think India would've won by 10 or so runs. Rohit was the difference between the 2 sides today. Batting needs major work – FAST!!! batting of Bangladesh is just nowhere near to the quality of New Zealand, India, South Africa and India in limited overs.

Gob

International Coach
Mustafizur needs to learn the art of swing: his off-cutters won't work outside the subcontinent. Regarding that Indian game, at times Bangladesh were actually on top, but poor batting strategy cost them big-time. I know Rohit was dropped, but these things can and will happen, and is part and parcel of the game. India's batting is too strong for this format, so even if Rohit was caught, there is someone else to rebuild and strike BIG!!!

I think it was a right ploy to prepare a green mamba against India because it shows Bangladesh what they need to do to succeed overseas on such pitches. Had Tamim played then it would've been a lot closer, but I still think India would've won by 10 or so runs. Rohit was the difference between the 2 sides today. Batting needs major work – FAST!!! batting of Bangladesh is just nowhere near to the quality of New Zealand, India, South Africa and India in limited overs.
There are two Indias playing cricket? **** one is too much

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll refrain from betting in any T20 involving UAE in near future...too unpredictable (plus I don't know as much about individual players as I should)

Afghanistan and Zimbabwe are easier to speculate about
You bet on a team paying $5, suggesting 20% chance of victory. If you thought the odds were too long on UAE, doesn't mean you were wrong just because they lost.

Anyway I felt Bangladesh should have been paying $1.18 or so. $1.25 was generous for Bangladesh imo.

I think we all agree India should be paying $1.05 tonight vs Pakistan, because we are going to murder them #startingthesledging

smash84

The Tiger King
You bet on a team paying $5, suggesting 20% chance of victory. If you thought the odds were too long on UAE, doesn't mean you were wrong just because they lost.

Anyway I felt Bangladesh should have been paying $1.18 or so. $1.25 was generous for Bangladesh imo.

I think we all agree India should be paying $1.05 tonight vs Pakistan, because we are going to murder them #startingthesledging
what sledging. Most Pak fans will agree with you :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's still sledging when you tell a **** team that know they are **** that they are ****

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Man at times I feel like im a wanker when I bet on an outsider because its a value bet and they lose narrowly and you try and justify that what you did was the right option when there was like 50-100 different things to bet on in the match.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah but that's not the way to look at it. If you think someone is actually a 15% chance of winning but the odds have them as a 5% chance of winning, you should still bet. You're still an 85% chance of losing your money (!) but the point is over the long run you end up on top (if you make consistent bets with consistent stakes and of course if your assessments of % chance of winning are right)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Joni talking about sledging and gambling... The match can't start soon enough.. :p

TBH, I am worried about our middle order. If the Pak fast bowlers fire out our top 4 we are just so so vulnerable right now. :(

smash84

The Tiger King
Joni talking about sledging and gambling... The match can't start soon enough.. :p

TBH, I am worried about our middle order. If the Pak fast bowlers fire out our top 4 we are just so so vulnerable right now. :(
Pretty much any team would be vulnerable if you fire out their top 4