• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I got them at 7/4 now I can just about double my money if I wanted but might as well leave it and collect the full amount tomorrow.
Cashing out now maybe a good option, because one decent partnership and some rain tomorrow will make SA's task a bit difficult given the injury to Abbott...Remember Stokes, Bairstow, Ali and Woakes are all there apart from these 2

Having said that, I haven't cashed out too. :)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Piedt is bowling beautifully with loop and dip. So unlucky to miss out on getting Root there.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
On English openers: Is Sam Robson still in the picture? He's quite young. But I have no clue on how he performed in fc cricket.
Had not sorted out his glaring issues last time i looked and has not been putting up the numbers to push for reselection.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Apart from Root, there must be half a dozen or so tried failures in the top 5 since Strauss and Collingwood retired.
It's not great when someone like Darren Bravo would easily hold a spot in this lineup if he was English. It think he's a good player but he wouldn't have been in consideration 4-5 years ago.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Sam Hain may be good enough to play for Australia in a couple of years. Is he likely to do a Robson and reject his fatherland?
He's committed to England. He was born in Hong Kong and has British Parents. It's hardly his fatherland lol.

Last edited:

Stace

First Class Debutant
Cashing out now maybe a good option, because one decent partnership and some rain tomorrow will make SA's task a bit difficult given the injury to Abbott...Remember Stokes, Bairstow, Ali and Woakes are all there apart from these 2

Having said that, I haven't cashed out too. :)
Haha yeah I just cant decide I keep telling myself 1 more wicket, Ali nearly saved the day against SL in 2014 so if play stops early tomorrow due to weather thy have a chance.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah I just cant decide I keep telling myself 1 more wicket, Ali nearly saved the day against SL in 2014 so if play stops early tomorrow due to weather thy have a chance.
I'll decide at lunch tomorrow...Rain may come in the last session...so if England are not 6 down by lunch and odds are <1.5 it's good time to cash-out

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember Damien Martyn's awesome match-saving innings in Chennai 2004 where he exclusively played spinners off the backfoot on a track that was spitting and turning viciously. Root seems to be going with a similar strategy, not sure about it.

Stapel

International Regular
Great decision... I thought that was out!
With such a big stride forward, it's always a more than fair possibilty it will sail too far away. As long as we go by the benefit of the doubt for the batsman, I think it is quite right to give it not out. This proves why. It was missing leg stump by some margin.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
With such a big stride forward, it's always a more than fair possibilty it will sail too far away. As long as we go by the benefit of the doubt for the batsman, I think it is quite right to give it not out. This proves why. It was missing leg stump by some margin.
I originally did not think he had got that far forward... but yes benefit goes to batsmen and a good decision was made. Still looked plumb initially to my biased eyes :)