• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

91Jmay

International Coach
This is an absolute shambles. So utterly predictable, and exactly why I knew we weren't number one in the world material whenever we have to rely on our batting.

In order for us to win a test our bowlers have to blow opposition away and Root/Cook has to score big runs. We aren't a really good team yet even if we have found a few more players this tour (Stokes/Finn/Bairstow have solidified their places to greater and lesser degrees).

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This is an absolute shambles. So utterly predictable, and exactly why I knew we weren't number one in the world material whenever we have to rely on our batting.

In order for us to win a test our bowlers have to blow opposition away and Root/Cook has to score big runs. We aren't a really good team yet even if we have found a few more players this tour (Stokes/Finn/Bairstow have solidified their places to greater and lesser degrees).
The very good lower order is also a factor contributing to England's success ... no other team has a no. 8 like Moeen Ali

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chance for Root to be a hero here. He's already been great in this series but an Atherton-esque rearguard here would really enhance his resume.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
It's annoying. England have two brilliant batsmen (one a prolific accumulator, the other the best English batsman since WW2) but an utter death of talent otherwise. Where are the young Smiths, Bells, Thorpes, Collingwoods, Trescothicks, Vaughans and Trotts?

At least we've got Stokes, but I'm suspicious that this series may be his magnum opus...

Stapel

International Regular
On English openers: Is Sam Robson still in the picture? He's quite young. But I have no clue on how he performed in fc cricket.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Hales going won't change the odds by a huge amount...it may jump from 2.1 (the odd now) to about 1.9...

2-3 wickets today will see a big shift in odds - I may cash-out only in that case

Edit: 1.57...hmmm, I was wrong...You may take the offer if you want
I got them at 7/4 now I can just about double my money if I wanted but might as well leave it and collect the full amount tomorrow.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's annoying. England have two brilliant batsmen (one a prolific accumulator, the other the best English batsman since WW2) but an utter death of talent otherwise. Where are the young Smiths, Bells, Thorpes, Collingwoods, Trescothicks, Vaughans and Trotts?

At least we've got Stokes, but I'm suspicious that this series may be his magnum opus...
I'm prepared to believe that this series marks a genuine step up for Stokes.

But yeah, we haven't produced much new talent in the last few years. Apart from Root, there must be half a dozen or so tried failures in the top 5 since Strauss and Collingwood retired.

91Jmay

International Coach

Stokes will average 40+ and be a star I am pretty sure. Yeah the cupboard is fairly bare though until Sam Hain, Dan Lawrence get a go.