• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket All-Stars 2015 - Sachin's Blasters vs Warne's Warriors

indiaholic

International Captain
Come on man.. Everybody is old. I have the same fears that Daemon has. I feel that Wasim will still get some swing so will be worth watching.

indiaholic

International Captain
Lol just kidding.

I know they're all too old and past it. But the Americans won't get it anyway.
I feel this is a terrible advertisement for cricket. The image that some Americans have about the sport is that it is some arcane, nonathletic relic. By sending out our relics, it just reinforces the perception.

Victor Ian

International Coach
How come there is not Gilchrist?

Nevertheless, I had not heard about this series. Now I can't wait for it to commence. I hope it goes well and becomes a regular fixture.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel this is a terrible advertisement for cricket. The image that some Americans have about the sport is that it is some arcane, nonathletic relic. By sending out our relics, it just reinforces the perception.
To be honest I doubt it will be Americans watching it anyway..at least not the Americans they want to impress. The audience would be the diaspora South Asian community.

Howe_zat

Audio File
yeah can't shake this either.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It will be fine. Think the point is to make the business/advertising community aware of how cricket, esp T20s, might be a great way to conduct niche advertising with the South Asian community (plus a little bit of other countries, of course).

If it picks up, we can let the current big guns have at it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It will be fine. Think the point is to make the business/advertising community aware of how cricket, esp T20s, might be a great way to conduct niche advertising with the South Asian community (plus a little bit of other countries, of course).

If it picks up, we can let the current big guns have at it.
Yeah good point. I think the market for cricket in NA can grow with the growth of the diaspora community. You have something like Willow coming in NA, funded mainly by local diaspora businesses catering to that market. I think there is a lot of potential there for growth. It will be great if another source of revenue opens up that is not the subcontinent.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So weird to listen to the ESPN correspondent with an American accent talk about the upcoming cricket match and pronounce all the names in an American accent :D

For this alone this series is a success :D

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I have to agree that because of the older players; athleticism etc., won't be showcased the best. Hopefully it will create SOME kind of interest and curiosity from the Americans. Then if it does well we could have future exhibitions with the current crop of players. Possibly influencing the current and future American born players and then BOOM!!! the USA gets a test status team. Honestly though, i don't think the interest in America will ever reach what is hoped for, simply because Baseball exists.

cnerd123

likes this
Nah if you were going to cater to a new audience, you'd have the best players available playing + several locals.

This is clearly to appeal to the expat cricket-loving population, and to show investors that there is a sizeable existing market for cricket in the States.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
That's a good point. I never thought about getting some local players involved too.
But it is a start though. I just really hope the stadiums won't be near empty. The embarrassment of that would just strengthen the general view that cricket is a boring sport etc etc.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
That's a good point. I never thought about getting some local players involved too.
But it is a start though. I just really hope the stadiums won't be near empty. The embarrassment of that would just strengthen the general view that cricket is a boring sport etc etc.
The stadiums will be filled with expats. We love these guys. If this match had been happening in Japan, I would have been one of the first to buy tickets along with several of my friends here.

Fusion

Global Moderator
The stadiums will be filled with expats. We love these guys. If this match had been happening in Japan, I would have been one of the first to buy tickets along with several of my friends here.
The ticket prices are quite high. The cheapest seats (in the upper reserves!) are going for $50. If you want a half-way decent seat, it'll cost you $175. I don't think the stadiums will be packed at all for that reason alone.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Man I'd love to watch Ambrose and Donald again. Been so long.
Saw Ambrose bowl in the Barbados recently in this Windies Dominica earthquake charity match - wasn't the best viewing since he was ambling in.

But of course its all about the bigger picture, however for hardcore cricket fans who grew up watching these guys at their best - its going to hard watching this.