• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sehwag retires

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pity if true

That ball he bowled n Sydney that landed behind him has to be the highlight of his career. His batting wasn't half bad either.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rare gold quote from Twitter:

Media should not be surprised at the confusion on Sehwag's retirement. He is known for making life difficult for spinners. #ThankYouSehwag
People calling him an ftb really need to get some perspective. Even if by some twisted BS definition of yours he only scores on roads, no one else in history has taken 200+ runs in a couple of sessions off attacks consisting of bowlers like Steyn, morkel, murali, Akhtar, Saqlain, etc. with such regularity. Just no one else even remotely like him.
Yup. Tonned up in his first Test on a pretty sporty track against the Saffers too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Remember him yawning once while batting. Truly a legend. We haven't had any other aggressive openers in Indian cricket history.

91Jmay

International Coach
Very good player, devastating in Asia and wonderful player of spin. Not an all time great for me, but very close.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
meh, don't acknowledge that crap in a retirement thread. just ignore it.
In an effort to stay with in the confinements of forum rules and atmosphere - just want to clarify if its a CW rule that one can't say certain things in a players retirement thread?

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
In an effort to stay withing the confinements of forum rules and atmosphere - just want to clarify if its a CW rule that one can't say certain things in a players retirement thread?
No. But it is a retirement thread. It's not nice.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In an effort to stay with in the confinements of forum rules and atmosphere - just want to clarify if its a CW rule that one can't say certain things in a players retirement thread?
Regardless of what thread it is in, trolling is against the forum rules...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
"Don't be a dick in retirement threads" is an unwritten rule. You might have known that if you hadn't spent large period of the last 5 years banned from this forum for being a dick.

Daemon

"Don't be a dick in retirement threads" is an unwritten rule. You might have known that if you hadn't spent large period of the last 5 years banned from this forum for being a dick.
Agreed. It does beg the question why you're still allowed to post here though :ph34r:

Daemon

Anyways, saying something negative about a player in his retirement thread isn't being dickish unless it's looking for an argument imo (see Haddin's thread), it's just the fact that aussie was plain wrong which made it a **** post.

In my humble opinion.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf you've probably been banned for as much of it as he has :ph34r:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
"I also want to thank everyone for all the cricketing advice given to me over the years and apologise for not accepting most of it! I had a reason for not following it: I did it my way!" - Sehwag LOL

Wish he got one final chance to play a test innings, ah well gone from IPL too eh. Probably my most fav cricketer after Tendulkar, certainly the most entertaining. Can't believe he had a record of what was it something like 10 consecutive 150+ scores? You just knew if Sehwag got a ton it was gonna be a big one, it was ridiculous.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Anyways, saying something negative about a player in his retirement thread isn't being dickish unless it's looking for an argument imo (see Haddin's thread), it's just the fact that aussie was plain wrong which made it a **** post.

In my humble opinion.
Far more cultured response thanks. Because I know in CW history retirement threads have had such arguments and as you said yourself, I made it clear in the post I made whether people agree with my view on Sehwag or that I wasn't looking for an argument.

I have done the Sehwag debates to the death on CW won the arguments, his career ending failures backed up my view so i generally avoid it here - there are many of people in my lifetime where I have had the Sehwag debate with and its far more civil.

Last edited: