• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Smith vs Kane Williamson

Gob

International Coach
All right let me just sleep on it as I have turned into bed and I want to spend a decent amount of time on my reply. I fear my answer will be short but honest as I have some answers but not all of them.
cant you type while having *** with the missus in order to move this thread forward

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** this **** posting. I wonder what the others here think of it.

#MovingTheThreadForward

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I definitely would have said Williamson back before he got reported and had to remodel his action. They're pretty different bowlers and there were definitely still some situations I'd prefer to have Smith, but Williamson could actually perform a few different roles to a decent standard, particularly when conditions were in his favour.

It's harder to say now because Williamson is so untested with his new action. I think I'd rather have Smith up my sleeve as a part-time option, but if I had to rely on one to bowl a big chunk of overs I'd still say Kane.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was wondering how many posts it will take for someone to bring their batting in to discussion and well it didn't take very long

btw if Kane isn't better than Smitteh now as a batsman then there is no way he will over take him in five years. Smitteh is going in to the warp drive over the next few years
To be fair, it was your OP that brought their batting into the discussion, so bit rich calling hurricane on that :p

Since it is pretty clear who the better batsman is (Smitteh by far) lets concentrate on their bowling

TheJediBrah

I actually think it's really cute when people thin KW is as good as Schmidt

You can't even get annoyed by it, it would be like yelling at a puppy that pooped on the carpet because it doesn't know any better

Zinzan

One for the neutrals to comment on. Aussies say Smitty & Kiwis say KW... yawning contest tbh.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I find that Steven Smith is more likely to really capitalize on his good form and make those big scores as oppose to Williamson, with KW it seems like puts in one good performance every series but doesn't really dominate a series in terms of run scoring.

As far as who's better it's Smith but not by much, Steve Smith failed in all the tests where the ball actually did something in England (not that I'd blame him btw) so idk how to judge his recent performance lol.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel that the number of tests that both play will matter. Even if both are equally talented, Smith will be known as the better batsman since he will hit more centuries and have a staggering run record. Also, crucial knocks in Ashes will be hyped up much more than a century in a NZ-SL or NZ-WI series. I am assuming that both of them will end up at more or less a similar average but with Smith having much higher runs.

Burner

International Regular
Everytime Steven Smith is batting, I pray that he get's out, not because I have anything against him but just so he can stop stinking up my tv screen with that swiveling and rolling he call batting. just be a bowler ffs.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Are we going to start captaincy and fielding threads as well?

Anyway, the main point is that neither can keep wickets as well as Tom Latham.

TheJediBrah

Yeah a better question would be Root v Williamson

I feel they are closer and probably make up no. 2 or 3 in the world right now