• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Seems a little condescending the English commentators talking about how flat the wicket is.

Both teams have just batted well - and very patiently, and are missing a spinner who can create something.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This pitch is offering turn. Rashid got the ball to turn and Zulfi got a few to turn too...problem is the pitch seems to be really taking pace off the ball, plus the lack of any bounce makes it very docile.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Getting cover driven for four twice by Cook in one over is probably enough to discredit any double hundred scored.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This is **** by bell

It reminds me of him just nudging around Majid Haq bowling his 42mph offbreaks at the world cup with mid off up for 54 off 85. There is just no pressure being exerted by Pakistan at all and he still can't rotate the strike. This session after tea (whilst Cook was still at the other end) he should have been looking at gently increasing the pace with the Pakistan bowlers tired. Instead he's just gone into his shell. Just completely lacking in match awareness.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Not sure Bell playing out maidens off Malik really does much for us, bit of foot on the accelerator wouldn't hurt.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he was going to throw it away just before close he could have at least done it about 30-40 balls of binary earlier.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And of course he was not ready for the catch... I mean it was a new batsman, a nightwatchman, why would he expect a catch his way now

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would get out when Wood is due in next wouldn't he.
I'm usually cool with nightmatchmen but I sort of question the wisdom of sending out the #10 on a road at 280/2, especially when the #8 has ten First Class hundreds and will be batting nine now. I would have thought about sending Rashid out instead if Root didn't want to bat today.

EDIT: Yep Wood gone now. Bad call IMO.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It's innings like these that make me question the sanity of anyone who thinks Bell is good to watch.
This is silly. He absolutely can be great to watch. He can also be turd like here, I think most people recognise that.