• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

91Jmay

International Coach
There is a viewpoint some hold (not on here more commentators and such) that Bell 'always looks in good form' which is patently false, but when he is on song he looks great.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm usually cool with nightmatchmen but I sort of question the wisdom of sending out the #10 on a road at 280/2, especially when the #8 has ten First Class hundreds and will be batting nine now. I would have thought about sending Rashid out instead if Root didn't want to bat today.

EDIT: Yep Wood gone now. Bad call IMO.
Nightwatchmen always seem silly when there's a proper batsman due to come in at 8.

91Jmay

International Coach
Is Cook the best overseas batsmen in Asia ever? Doesn't seem worth a thread but might be worth a discussion here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nightwatchmen always seem silly when there's a proper batsman due to come in at 8.
Yeah, but even moreso at 280/2. I often wonder why they don't send the number eight in as nightwatchman in these circumstances; I'm sure Rashid would rather bat four than nine.

I think Boucher went in as nightwatchman once and scored 90 or something; should be more of than in situations like this IMO.

91Jmay

International Coach
Effective days play. Brilliant from Cook, as many as he wants to score if he applys himself. Would love to see more Root + our middle order pushing score on though, glad I was at work most of today so didn't watch it. Draw written all over it so far.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well batted skipper. Top stuff.

Will be worth getting up for in the morning to see if Root can bat with ease on this track or not.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hopefully these two can get stuck in tomorrow, allowing the rest to just have a bat without any real concerns. Can't see us losing now.