• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All-rounders with equal bowling/batting skill?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Players you find it truly hard to class as either a batting all-rounder or a bowling all-rounder

They don't have to neccesary be world class either, perhaps both their batting and bowling averages hover around the early thirties?

Keiron Pollard?
Lance Kluesner?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and Steve Waugh for the first however many years of his test career before he became a batting god

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Going on test stats you could maybe say Aubrey Faulkner? Averaged 40.79 with the bat, 4 centuries, 26.58 with the ball 4 five wicket hauls.

Gob

International Coach
andy flintoff was a far better bowler imo. not the best stats but boy he could bowl when fit

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Freddie's bowling was miles better than his batting for mine, particularly in the final few years of his career. I think from any point around 2003 or 2004 onwards he would have been good enough to get in the team as a bowler. Apart from around 2005 I can't think of many others occasions where his place in the team would have been justfiied on batting alone.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Going on test stats you could maybe say Aubrey Faulkner? Averaged 40.79 with the bat, 4 centuries, 26.58 with the ball 4 five wicket hauls.
Given the lower scoring when he played I think he was much more a kallis than pollock