• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women commentators at the IPL

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
They can't be any worse than the buffoons on channel nine. Muting commentary but leaving match sounds can't come soon enough.
Surely itll never happen. The commentators spend half the time spruiking products or other C9 shows.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
All the commentators are bad, the South Africans are inept and the Aussies are a bunch of tedious ****s, but it's the English and their incessant banging on about the Ashes that irks most. There was a game between Australia and someone who is not England during the WC and Nasser Hussain was relentlessly on about the Ashes. **** off Nasser.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
nah, nasser and athers are a cut above pretty much everyone else.

botham needs to **** off mind and lloyd's antics wore thin about a decade ago.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Not sure why Lloyd is still employed, his ramblings are just annoying.

Nasser and Atherton are good when they are not talking about the ****ing Ashes. So they're never good.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
I don't mean to attack the English comms though. If I had to pick one nation to commentate on cricket, it would be them. Unfortunately.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Bishop is good, Pommie, no.

Pommie is a good host, but those shows you guys probably don't see. As a comm he offers nothing.

When the ex-cricketers first join the comms they offer some interesting stuff. Then they run out of that and just spew drivel.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
ATM, the two best Indian commentators are Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid and unfortunately, neither seems to be employed for the IPL :(

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really care about this, because many of our well known male commentators like Gavaskar, Sidhu, Bhogle, etc are complete fools too and add nothing of any real value to commentary or to the studio in the IPL that the supposedly "dumb" women don't. I'll take the eye candy thanks.

Is Mayanti Langer commentating in this IPL?

GGG

State Captain
No problem with women commentators if they are knowledgeable enough, insightful and have a pleasing voice but not just for the sake of having a woman. They had Martin Guptill's wife, Laura McGoldrick do some cricket stuff during the SL series and man it was painful.