• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Off to watch Hampshire v Essex this evening. Finally I'll get to see what this cricket thing you blokes are always talking about is.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why have we started our T20 when the IPL is still going on?

Not a fan of either really but surely some players from around the world would like to play in both and make money from both. Seems a weird decision among many that our board are making lately.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
Yeah, wouldn't hurt to move things on a couple of weeks surely. Could swap the one day games out for a couple of them, then again I guess this schedule is more to make T20s accessible for the working people having them on Friday nights. Even so, we'll only have had two rounds gone by the time it finishes, which really could be shifted so we don't have people like Hales going off to India for two weeks despite playing in the season opener.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
But a last ball loss :(

Also Shiv Thakor opening the bowling and not getting destroyed by the looks of it, not sure how I feel about this. Seems determined to become a proper 4th seaming allrounder from the looks of things.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Hey Dan/Cribbage, what chance would you say Ansari is in reality? About one in twelve?

Despite his great foam in the last 24 hours, he's not known for clean hitting they'd ever promote up the order, I take it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ansari's weird. If he were guaranteed to be batting top 3, I'd sit him at about 6-1 odds; likelihood of a Surrey collapse or him batting through while everyone else hits 20 (15) is enough to pull his odds down. But if he's not batting top 3 (which he won't do here), he's 15-1 at best IMO. If he comes in late, he won't make 50 (20) to potentially get him up there, and if there's a collapse I'd imagine a tail-ender would outgun him while Ansari compiles a nice 20 (25) to take Surrey to something reasonable.

Having him at the same odds as Wahab Riaz is taking the piss a bit though, even if Riaz is getting pretty good at troll-y 20s these days.

Aneesh Kapil being more likely to top score than Davies is seriously weird though.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Aneesh Kapil being more likely to top score than Davies is seriously weird though.
Haha yeah, that's why I asked about Ansari. It'll pay to keep an eye on them in this tourney if they're going to try to do it themselves, rather than just copy SkyBet's odds or whoever overseas.