• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ricky Ponting vs. Kumar Sangakkara (ODIs)

Who was better in ODIs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
As an Australian I saw a lot more of Ponting. Just a brilliant ODI batsman, never let bowlers settle or get on top..
Except against his new Mumbai Indians bowling coach
#Bond'sODIbunny

Would still go Ponting in ODIs though (that pull shot!) but Kumar in tests

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon the catch in this video at about the one minute mark is the greatest catch I have ever seen. I know I've said it before but sooooooooooo much had to go right for him to get within the same post code as that catch, let alone catching it cleanly mid-air. It's almost not human to catch that ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4pQxNFECLY
Yeah, catching it straight off the pad that close is brilliant in and of itself but to grab it off a leading edge on your weaker side is ridiculous.

I think the thing that truly separates him from other fielders was how often he hit the stumps. It was freaky how many direct hit runout he affected.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Because we're comlparing an all time great with someone who isn't. It's like asking if Ponting's a better Test batsman than Ian Bell.

viriya

International Captain
Because we're comlparing an all time great with someone who isn't. It's like asking if Ponting's a better Test batsman than Ian Bell.
Sanga is not an ODI ATG?

- 2nd most runs
- 2nd most 50+ scores
- 4th most MoMs
- most keeping dismissals
- most stumpings
- 4 consecutive tons
- 4th most tons
- 3rd most fours

ok then.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Did Rhodes field anywhere other than point or cover?

Punter Was just awesome everywhere.

Last edited: