• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Talking about Bruce Edgar on Radio Sport. One and all saying it was appalling how he was treated , disgraceful and unprofessional for such a good man. Vietchy was saying at Game 1 Christchurch that Edgar didn't know where he was going to sit and maybe it was the embankment. Macca apparently didn't even know about the problems and that Edgar was going to resign. Saying how great our selection was going then he gets treated like this. NZC seems to have a few upper managers who think they are bigger than cricket. NZC have said they have done everything they could do keep him. Which seems to be at total odds from what Edgar was saying.

Flem274*

123/5
It's not really surprising NZ succeed in spite of the head honchos and not because of them. Quick everyone name something good David White has done.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very wristy style for one of our NZ players, isn't it. Really delays the unhinging of the wrists until as late as possible, like the golfer he is. Not that that huge hinge is necessarily what you want for the moving ball against pace though, or against guys who are a yard quicker than domestix.
I'm a sucker for batsmen that hit with a real flick of the wrists (and bowlers that bowl like that too actually). Expect he uses a reasonably light bat to help him achieve that.

Would be good to see Wheeler's wickets. Him succeeding while Bracewell and Wagner struggle is surely another +1 in favour of picking Henry.

He was the pick of the attack here and certainly performed better than two bowlers who would hope to be picked in the first Test: Doug Bracewell - a little too short and conceding four boundaries in his first over - and Neil Wagner. Both leaked more than five runs per over.
This is infuriating. Bracewell should be perfectly capable of exploiting these conditions but not if he errs short like he often does.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't think Santner is going to be anything more than a fifth bowler in tests unless he goes away and really works at it so he won't be our Shakib.

Tbh player type wise he reminds me of....Michael Yardy. Not in their mechanics at all but in their roles. In one dayers Santner will be a royal pain in the arse and hard to get away with the ball but in the whites he's a deep middle order batsman who bowls some filler.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Losing Bond and Edgar within a few months! Not good
far as I'm concerned David White is the responsible for this. he is accountable as CEO . He should have told this Lindsay Crocker to pull his head in . Instead Edgar has been treated horribly ,. marginalized , forced to sit with the Aussie WAGS was disgraceful treatment to a NZ cricket stalwart . The new contract was an insult as well. I'm hopping mad over this :@.
Edgar was a big part of the teams success . As usual the fans suffer but morons like White and this Crocker who is not fit to lace Edgars laces seem to only want their own personal satisfaction realized.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They tightened the eligibility requirements. Unless Wheeler has some sort of European connection, he needs certain levels of international experience within the past 2 years to qualify for the required visa.

It stopped Andrew McDonald and Trent Copeland from signing County deals a couple of years back, and is why less uncapped players go over there for the winter (unless they play league cricket like Carter, Seifert and Verma are).
Yeah, Carter whacked 160 against the mob I played for a few years back. Team got 280 off 28 overs.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Santner is going to be anything more than a fifth bowler in tests unless he goes away and really works at it so he won't be our Shakib.

Tbh player type wise he reminds me of....Michael Yardy. Not in their mechanics at all but in their roles. In one dayers Santner will be a royal pain in the arse and hard to get away with the ball but in the whites he's a deep middle order batsman who bowls some filler.

I don't know, I'd probably give him a Test at Galle or something. The pivot must be putting a few more revs on it than we think, if he's getting past the outside edge on NZ soil.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They tightened the eligibility requirements. Unless Wheeler has some sort of European connection, he needs certain levels of international experience within the past 2 years to qualify for the required visa.

It stopped Andrew McDonald and Trent Copeland from signing County deals a couple of years back, and is why less uncapped players go over there for the winter (unless they play league cricket like Carter, Seifert and Verma are).
Ftr it's 1 test in the last 2 years, or 5 tests in the last 5 years, or 15 ODIs/IT20s in the last 2 years, which is how Finch got in last season. They might be a 5 year thing for ODI's/IT20's but I haven't seen it in print.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds like Jeets was pretty lucky to get five Tests in 2012-13. It's pumpkins and mice time in 2018, when he'll be 38.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

I don't know, I'd probably give him a Test at Galle or something. The pivot must be putting a few more revs on it than we think, if he's getting past the outside edge on NZ soil.
Kippax you are a treasure

His run up is unorthodox.
He plants his left foot wide on the crease and his plant foot closer to the non strikers wickets. Normally it is the other way around to allow the left handed bowler to get maximum body torque.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The back half of his bowling action is really good (back leg exploding through, getting through the crease, etc.), front half doesn't maximise all the facilities (low elbow point when he loads up), but he gets good work out of the front arm from that point.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Kippax you are a treasure

His run up is unorthodox.
He plants his left foot wide on the crease and his plant foot closer to the non strikers wickets. Normally it is the other way around to allow the left handed bowler to get maximum body torque.
Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 6.05.44 PM.png

Not sure what you're talking about - you line up his feet and they are heading to first slip. Any further and he ends up having to bowl around his body and undercut the ball.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So glad they opened with Duffy and Wheeler to make sure Bracewell and Wagner would get the ball they'd be getting in proper circumstances. Was hoping Wheeler would pick up a bag but holy **** he outbowled the two proper Test squad bowlers. Can we put it down to the Duke? As far as replacements goes, heaven forbid if Boult gets injured, Wheeler has to be the man.