Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree839Likes

Thread: Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

Mohammad Amir allowed to return to Pakistan domestic cricket | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Amir has been allowed to return to domestic cricket under the auspices of the PCB with immediate effect. Amir's five-year ban for his role in spot-fixing during Pakistan's tour of England in 2010 was due to end on September 2.

The ICC said after its board meeting in Dubai: "The ACSU Chairman [Ronnie Flanagan] had exercised the powers vested in him under Article 6.8 of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code after he was satisfied that Amir had cooperated with the ACSU by fully disclosing his part in the matters that led to his disqualification, admitting his guilt, showing remorse and cooperating with the Unit's ongoing investigations and by recording messages for the ACSU education sessions."
    With the Pakistan domestic season about to finish before starting again in October, Amir's only chance of competitive cricket would be a possible return in the Super Eight T20 Cup in Pakistan after the World Cup. However, a few Grade 1 teams had already shown a keen interest to sign the player for next season. National Bank of Pakistan, who had revoked Amir's contract after his ban, later offered to retain the bowler upon his return.

Thoughts?

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Served his time I guess.

I don't think he should be playing again but I don't think he should've been in prison either.

Hope he earns his place if he gets it.
    "we use the word Day to describe hours and movements of the earth around the sun" - zorax

~

The Cricket Web Podcast - episode 22 out now

We're on iTunes - why not give us a review?

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    This is one of the things I know I'm supposed to feel strongly about but just don't
    Dan, grecian, 91Jmay and 1 others like this.

Hall of Fame Member OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Still think it should've been a life ban. but he's done the time, I guess. Hopefully he's good enough to come back to the national side and get smashed back to the domestic scene.

Very conflicted on this issue tbh.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

agree, should have been a life ban but since he has served his time, so be it..hopefully he wont be so stupid this time..
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

International Debutant
    Was it a life ban? I thought that he got 5 years.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Hopefully he isn't the stupid kid he was. I think I'll always take pleasure in him getting smashed by the batsman now too.
    Direbirds FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT

I don't think it should've been a life ban.. I know the usual arguments but he was 19 ffs..
    hendrix and Justo like this.
    cricrate - follow twitter and facebook for updates

Wonder if the Pak selectors will rush him back into the Nat side for the coming NZ ODIs. Apparently he has spent his off-time bowling in the nets and even working on his batting. If he's goes well in the NZ ODIs they could try and sneak him into the WC squad in case of an injury.

Is there any domestix stuff happening around the world that he can get a shot in?

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wonder if the Pak selectors will rush him back into the Nat side for the coming NZ ODIs. Apparently he has spent his off-time bowling in the nets and even working on his batting. If he's goes well in the NZ ODIs they could try and sneak him into the WC squad in case of an injury.

Is there any domestix stuff happening around the world that he can get a shot in?
    No he is not getting in to the side without playing atleast one full season of FC cricket. England tour of 2016 is the most realistic time for his comeback.

I do think he was manipulated though should have received a lift ban anyways 5 years is a very long time i would be very surprised if he is up to it mentally aswell as physically have also heard report many current players have told the PCB privately that they would feel uneasy with him in the dressing room.

He should have to seriously lift up his game as a person and as a player before being allowed back in the dressing room.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

he fo sure will get another go but I will be very surprised if he's up for it.5 years of no cricket what so ever will surely impact your skills especially at an age when you can develop them the most on top of that the mental barriers he has to overcome the crowd chanting "No ball" every time he runs in to bowl would take an insane level of mental toughness to over come it.

Hall of Fame Member OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Regardless of how good he is with the ball, he could be absolutely toxic for the dressing room atmosphere, which already isn't Pakistan's strength. Would think PCB would take that into account when considering selections. Or maybe not, because they're dumb ****s.

Meh. By the time the Pakistani season starts up again at FC level his ban will be over, so in reality this overturning is cosmetic.
    5-0

Want to be the online Don Bradman or Ian Salisbury?
    Then join CW Cricket today. It's what all the cool kids desire.

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information