• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India and England in Australia ODI Tri-Series 2015

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Clearly I'm aware Freddie isn't captain. Why else works I cry myself to sleep at night

Lol.. Joni, at least GIMH would be around for me to give it back when we do start winning (and if) :) I ll not be meeting these guys again till the end of my trip :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't really rate Burns as a good one day cricketer yet. His reasonably good defensive setup, good temperament and ability to punish bad deliveries make him a good four-day player , and his ability to go over the top off length balls has served him well in T20 cricket, but he doesn't have the traditional stroke range to be a good ODI opener and he doesn't have the strike-rotation capabilities to be a good ODI middle order bat (not yet, anyway). No issue with him in the Test and/or T20I frames, but no ODI cricket for him just yet IMO. Marsh, Ferguson, Voges and White are still far superior in this format.

FBU

International Debutant
I remember being suspect of Finn's action in 2013. I'm not sure if he gets his arm straight before it's perpendicular with his body. It's a weird one. Touch and go.

I'd like for him to be tested, along with Kyle Mills, and perhaps even Junaid Khan, just for a little peace of mind.
I noticed it in Bangladesh 2010 when he made his Test debut.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Has there ever been a bowler who is reported for chucking that hasn't been an off spinner?

So weirdly biased against off spinners.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Has there ever been a bowler who is reported for chucking that hasn't been an off spinner?

I dunno if it's bias, it's just that way of bowling lends itself to a bent elbow. You can't physically bowl a leg spinner with a bent elbow, nor a chinaman, so if you're lumping left-arm orthodox in as an off-spinner then yeah, they're far and away the most subjected.

Yasir Arafat throws the **** out of it, having watched him live at the ground last night.

I don't get why people say Millsy does. Yeah I'm a sycophant possibly, but he is nowhere near where he was earlier in his career. I honestly can't see it.

Antihippy

International Debutant
You can definitely bowl leg spin with a bent elbow. Warne and McGill definitely bend their elbows. It's just a matter of straightening it. With off spin you're more prone to do it because your rotation is out of your body while leg spin you rotate more inwardly if that makes any sense. I don't think chucking is only a problem related to off spin though.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

lol what

"biased against off spinners"?

Umm, no. Off-spinners have been the ones bowling with suspect actions.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Nah, fast bowling definitely have their doubters as well. Remember when people wondered if ahktar chucked? I also remembered people talking about a west Indian pacer who chucks his faster ball, but I can't remember who it was or if it was even true.

If you want a crackdown at least make it consistent. Players like Finn and juniad definitely have kinks, just need to test if it straightens once it goes beyond the perpendicular.