• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India and England in Australia ODI Tri-Series 2015

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FMD mate they never looked like taking 20 wickets. Wish these were timeless tests, Australia would still be batting in Adelaide.
Are you going to consistently quote my posts where I mention India batted well and then point out that India didn't bowl well? Like the third time you've done it man.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Back then it was that "come to India and then we will show you" attitude though. It's only after the England thrashing last year that I finally saw the attitude to improve oversees. I'm afraid all that will go to waste with the Aussie series because it will get to their heads imo.That's why I think some livelier wickets and thrashing could have actually helped them stay in the right path. .
On what basis did India's attitude change after England? They were improving overseas before that England series imo. Competitive albeit losing 1-0 in SA and NZ.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well then to be fair we should also expect Aussies and English players to have stints in India to get used to turners as they mostly struggle on them. In fact Australian conditions is a whole different animal of it's own too.

Which brings me to the point of what are Australia and India's policy regarding foreign players anyways, if any at all? If they are really the "big three" of cricket they should have equal domestic policies to even out the playing field in cricket as all three mostly offers three distinct types of conditions: swing, bounce, and turners respectively, which varies by pitches obviously.

Instead of just the option to practice hitting big sixes in these countries for foreign players, more attention should be paid to this.It would be a lot better for the game too.
I don't think the respective Boards let Australian and Indian players travel and play in each others' countries in domestic competitions these days. Certainly Hayden went to India of his own volition and basically redefined his game against spinners to his great credit, but I don't know that those sorts of avenues are available to players nowadays.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
On what basis did India's attitude change after England? They were improving overseas before that England series imo. Competitive albeit losing 1-0 in SA and NZ.
It most certainly changed after England. It was around the first time I actually started Dhoni blame themselves for a change when it got so bad that they were just giving up. It's why they brought in Ravi Shastri too. I'm not sure how you miss all the media coverage on it, it was everywhere cricket related.

Before 2011 they tied in SA an actually won in NZ if I recall. So those are worse results actually.

Last edited:

Burgey

Are you going to consistently quote my posts where I mention India batted well and then point out that India didn't bowl well? Like the third time you've done it man.
No, you're missing the central point that 2-0 massively flattered them. You post as though the series was closely run. It wasn't. It was a cluster **** from India. The last time they toured here they batted tragically. If anything, their bowling was worse this tour than last, against a weaker Australian batting line up. They're no closer to winning here than they were four years ago or than Australia is to winning in India, they may in fact be further away than they were last time out because at least back then they had Zaheer who was a world class seamer. ATM, as much as their quicks have some potential, quite frankly they're club standard.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
I don't think the respective Boards let Australian and Indian players travel and play in each others' countries in domestic competitions these days. Certainly Hayden went to India of his own volition and basically redefined his game against spinners to his great credit, but I don't know that those sorts of avenues are available to players nowadays.
That's the reason for all this home-track bullying and sucking oversees imo. Can't see it changing unless boards change their attitude about this.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No, you're missing the central point that 2-0 massively flattered them. You post as though the series was closely run. It wasn't. It was a cluster **** from India. The last time they toured here they batted tragically. If anything, their bowling was worse this tour than last, against a weaker Australian batting line up. They're no closer to winning here than they were four years ago or than Australia is to winning in India, they may in fact be further away than they were last time out because at least back then they had Zaheer who was a world class seamer. ATM, as much as their quicks have some potential, quite frankly they're club standard.
We are talking about Indian batting overseas though. I am saying they batted better this time than 2011 /2012 and that team had Dravid Sehwag Sachin and Laxman.

OverratedSanity

It most certainly changed after England. It was around the first time I actually started Dhoni blame themselves for a change when it got so bad that they were just giving up. It's why they brought in Ravi Shastri too. I'm not sure how you miss all the media coverage on it, it was everywhere cricket related.

Before 2011 they tied in SA an actually won in NZ if I recall. So those are worse results actually.
Comparing the results of SA/NZ tours of 2011 and before to 2014 is a bit useless because India's team was completely different back then. I certainly was impressed with the way we performed in SA and NZ this time around. With a bit more killer instinct we'd have drawn both series... Just let the opportunities slip.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That's the reason for all this home-track bullying and sucking oversees imo. Can't see it changing unless boards change their attitude about this.
nah. They suck overseas because their bowlers suck.

Their batsmen have been consistently good overseas for a wee while now (notwithstanding the England tour - and frankly everyone's batting seems to go to crap in England, Broad and Anderson are on another level with the Duke).

OverratedSanity

2-0 arguably flatters us but at the end of the day even Australia weren't good enough to take 20 wickets in two of the matches.

And the discussion was about our batting anyway. It's been way better than in the 4-0 in 2012.

Antihippy

International Debutant
If we knew how to catch we could have taken the 20 wickets. Not willing to blame our bowlers for that. They bowled their heart out that series.

Tbf if the Indians could catch they would have taken a fair few more wickets as well.

The fielding standard in that test series really is pretty atrocious.

Last edited:

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
Comparing the results of SA/NZ tours of 2011 and before to 2014 is a bit useless because India's team was completely different back then. I certainly was impressed with the way we performed in SA and NZ this time around. With a bit more killer instinct we'd have drawn both series... Just let the opportunities slip.
Well in that sense comparing the 2011 whitewash to Aus and the attitude back then with this series is pretty useless too.

nah. They suck overseas because their bowlers suck.

Their batsmen have been consistently good overseas for a wee while now (notwithstanding the England tour - and frankly everyone's batting seems to go to crap in England, Broad and Anderson are on another level with the Duke).
Before this series I don't doubt anybody would have dared to say this so bluntly. Anderson/Broad are pretty good in England but they are hardly unstoppable. They sure didn't stop SA and SL from winning. Aussies competed pretty well too in all but Lord's despite the losses.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Person: I really think this jacket fits better now that I have had it altered.
Burgey: Yeah but your pants don't fit properly.
Person: Yeah I know still need to fix it, but was just commenting on the jacket. Its looking much better now isn't it?
Burgey: No your pants are too long.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Person: Yeah I know still need to fix it, but was just commenting on the jacket. Its looking much better now isn't it?
I wish I knew how the like bugged worked so I could like this several times.

Riggins

International Captain
sounds a lot like my mother

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Fully support Dhoni's idea to play paintball with the journalists. A chance to shoot the journalists who started the Kohli-Dhawan spat rumour, sell the footage to Warner bros and make good money out of it.

Burgey

You've picked a poor metaphor actually, because you dress like **** and know full well I have and will continue to call you out on it.

Stick that on your like button and press repeatedly, Cribbeh.