• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Shane Warne would now be the leading wickettaker, no?

So wouldn't have in been in Australia's interests to keep Murali banned, so they could claim the greatest batsman and greatest bowler? And Australia had quite a lot of power in the 1990s ICC.

Not much logic behind a pro-Murali conspiracy, and even less evidence.
LOL logic and evidence.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah look, Ian Salisbury is underrated. Far better than his record suggests. And he didn't rely on bent elbows (this is not to imply that anyone in particular did/does rely on bent elbows, just sayin')

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have no problem with players with suspect actions being called to have tests. The problem I have is the reaction of people who claim it is a conspiracy to upset a team/player. If that continues umpires will be too scared to call anyone. If he passes the tests then so be it. I have watched him carefully and it is borderline at minimum, no sour grapes, no running scared. Just saying it as I see it.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I have no problem with players with suspect actions being called to have tests. The problem I have is the reaction of people who claim it is a conspiracy to upset a team/player. If that continues umpires will be too scared to call anyone. If he passes the tests then so be it. I have watched him carefully and it is borderline at minimum, no sour grapes, no running scared. Just saying it as I see it.
It was blantant obvious that it's going to happen. The way themmatter was discussed by commentators and the way press has behaved it was obvious. And interestingly, he is the best bowler for SL in ODI team.

91Jmay

International Coach
I have no problem believing scientists if these bowlers pass, and I also have no problem with someone like Satchi being cited. Can any SL fan honestly look at his action and say he isn't very suspicious on a few of his variations?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It was blantant obvious that it's going to happen. The way themmatter was discussed by commentators and the way press has behaved it was obvious. And interestingly, he is the best bowler for SL in ODI team.
So you're now accusing the umpires of bias then seeing as they're the ones who reported him, nobody else did.

91Jmay

International Coach
What a crock of ****e. Wah wah wah, everyones against us. Waaaahh.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
What's happening with those arm monitors that would test live action of suspect bowlers. They should get those out asap so this mess is resolved.

viriya

International Captain
The only way to completely resolve potential action issues is to make an arm brace that's comfortable to wear and makes it impossible to flex the elbow - and make every single international bowler required to wear one. Similar to what Murali wore when he showed that he could bowl all his deliveries without straightening his elbow but much more comfortable and cheaper to make. That would resolve action issues in international cricket permanently.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
What a crock of ****e. Wah wah wah, everyones against us. Waaaahh.
You have got your arse handed back to you very recently on mankading? Don't you? It was sick to see what English commentators were doing. FFS this guy has been tested yearly in last three years, and all the time came up with flying colors.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
What's happening with those arm monitors that would test live action of suspect bowlers. They should get those out asap so this mess is resolved.
All the bowlers. The extension does not depend on how clean the action looks. McGrath and Pollock extended more than murali's off break.

91Jmay

International Coach
You have got your arse handed back to you very recently on mankading? Don't you? It was sick to see what English commentators were doing. FFS this guy has been tested yearly in last three years, and all the time came up with flying colors.
:laugh: I don't understand the bolded as it doesn't make any sense. It was sick to see? Querying a bloke with a bent arm for being a chucker? Tested by the SL board. Yeah lets see what the real testers have to say about it. Your victim complex is embarrassing. You think Sri Lanka mean enough for there to be a conspiracy about a decent limited overs bowler?

DingDong

State Captain
:laugh: I don't understand the bolded as it doesn't make any sense. It was sick to see? Querying a bloke with a bent arm for being a chucker? Tested by the SL board. Yeah lets see what the real testers have to say about it. Your victim complex is embarrassing. You think Sri Lanka mean enough for there to be a conspiracy about a decent limited overs bowler?
he was tested at UWA i believe. i am only a part time cricket fan and even i know this.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Suspicions had previously been raised about the legality of his action during a 2011 tour of England, with the Sri Lanka A team. Senanayake had then worked to remedy his action with Sri Lankan coaches, after which he underwent biomechanical testing in Perth. Those tests found his bowling to be within the legal limits.
Sri Lanka in England 2014 : Sachithra Senanayake's action reported | Cricket News | England v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Him changing his action, then being tested is not the same as them testing his current action. Sorry, there is no comparison there.