• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

Athlai

Not Terrible
No he isn't he's working on his game to make sure he doesn't get targeted again....the lad has NEVER been called in an international game and hopefully that will remain the case.

As for Powell...he's better than Smith and has proven he can bat well before against the likes of Southee and Boult.
Targeted for being called a chucker.

MrPrez

International Debutant
This is precisely why I was disappointed with the Elgar/Du Plessis partnership. Runs are all well and good, but there is going to be a ton of rain over the next few days - they needed to score quicker!

We'll be lucky to get 3 full days worth of cricket I reckon. I live closish to PE and I don't see the weather clearing up completely for the next few days. We really needed to have 340ish by the end of yesterday, bat for a session or so to 450 today, and then try to get 20 wickets in whatever time we are afforded.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yes, the icc have never reported him because he is conveniently pre-emptively changing his chucking action before the umpires finally would.
Nope..just making sure it's so clean that they couldn't possibly think otherwise....nothing wrong with that is there? :)

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
No he isn't he's working on his game to make sure he doesn't get targeted again....the lad has NEVER been called in an international game and hopefully that will remain the case.

As for Powell...he's better than Smith and has proven he can bat well before against the likes of Southee and Boult.
Powell got one fifty in which he basically had a filthy slog against the spinners.

He looked completely out of his depth, even on those rubbish flat pitches the Windies prepared.

Flem274*

123/5
If your team is missing Powell then your openers are a bit ****.

What happened to Kirk Edwards? He's decent enough.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Powell got one fifty in which he basically had a filthy slog against the spinners.

He looked completely out of his depth, even on those rubbish flat pitches the Windies prepared.
Didn't he score a ton against NZ in 2012? :unsure: even in the bad patch he was having last year before disappearing off the face of the earth he was still going very well in ODI cricket tbh.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
If your team is missing Powell then your openers are a bit ****.

What happened to Kirk Edwards? He's decent enough.
Imo Kieran still has a chance of having a decent international career...he just needs to clear his head, get back on the park and work at his game more...As for Edwards!!...he's been injured lately but word is he will be back for Barbados in the 50 over comp next month.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Didn't he score a ton against NZ in 2012? :unsure: even in the bad patch he was having last year before disappearing off the face of the earth he was still going very well in ODI cricket tbh.
Jeremy Taylor has scored a ton against us. An innings doesn't make you good.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Jeremy Taylor has scored a ton against us. An innings doesn't make you good.
True...but it at least shows that he is capable of performing at test level. I've always said that interms of "talent" he's every bit as good as Darren Bravo if not better... but mentally is where he lacks. He can improve in that department but only when he gets back on the pitch...though right now we don't know exactly when that will be.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
This is precisely why I was disappointed with the Elgar/Du Plessis partnership. Runs are all well and good, but there is going to be a ton of rain over the next few days - they needed to score quicker!

We'll be lucky to get 3 full days worth of cricket I reckon. I live closish to PE and I don't see the weather clearing up completely for the next few days. We really needed to have 340ish by the end of yesterday, bat for a session or so to 450 today, and then try to get 20 wickets in whatever time we are afforded.
Hey mate. To be fair it wasnt like the WI bowled pies all day. Faf and elgar were very lucky.