• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
****ing hell is this getting complicated or what!!!
Haha I know this is **** but when I am attending on those days is not yet confirmed (i.e. still trying to confirm MCC etc. and on what days). Hate to be difficult about this but do we really need this confirmed almost a month out from the Melb and Syd test? And with all the rescheduling (although I believe MCG test is staying same dates) its really hard to lock this down right now. I mean I may now not be going SCG test til day 5 because of the alleged reschedule.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I guess the thought is we don't want to go ahead and get the banner without knowing we have people to hold it up.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a few bucks each, don't really mind even if it gets displayed for a day then ends up collecting dust in someone's garage.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'll be going day 1 in MCC; but I'll be so ****faced by the end of it there's no way I'll remember to pick it up from another section of the ground.

Seriously, if need be I can sort something out on Day 1. I can get around to another part of the ground and maybe put up a banner somewhere less populated on a top tier, and go back to grab it at the end of the day.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha I know this is **** but when I am attending on those days is not yet confirmed (i.e. still trying to confirm MCC etc. and on what days). Hate to be difficult about this but do we really need this confirmed almost a month out from the Melb and Syd test? And with all the rescheduling (although I believe MCG test is staying same dates) its really hard to lock this down right now. I mean I may now not be going SCG test til day 5 because of the alleged reschedule.
My getting "complicated" comment certainly wasn't directed at you Jono.........just the whole passing the flags around scenario in general. Like I say we have Max going on day 2 and I'm almost nailed on for going to day 3, if your around on day 4 I reckon we've as good as get the Melbourne test sorted.

The only reason we're under pressure to get this organised now is to give the flag makes enough time to do them.

Just a few bucks each, don't really mind even if it gets displayed for a day then ends up collecting dust in someone's garage.
I'm with this. Even if we only get it to Melbourne for the 2 possibly 3 days I'm still up for it........we're only looking at around AUD $6 each. Once we've finished with the test series with them we definitely have plans to pass them on in some decent way, possibly to Phil and Sean's club sides or something........but that's up for discussion and can be nailed down later on.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll be going day 1 in MCC; but I'll be so ****faced by the end of it there's no way I'll remember to pick it up from another section of the ground.

Seriously, if need be I can sort something out on Day 1. I can get around to another part of the ground and maybe put up a banner somewhere less populated on a top tier, and go back to grab it at the end of the day.
Cheers Vic, the complication will be you'd have to meet up with Max somewhere on the morning of day 2 to pass them over. If that's doable then great, but if it is going to be a hassle then as I said above, we've got 3 days covered which is a good result........our bigger concern is getting the NSW folk happening for Sydney.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My getting "complicated" comment certainly wasn't directed at you Jono.........just the whole passing the flags around scenario in general. Like I say we have Max going on day 2 and I'm almost nailed on for going to day 3, if your around on day 4 I reckon we've as good as get the Melbourne test sorted.
Yeah no worries Adders I knew that :)

I'll get back to this thread when my Melb and Syd plans are confirmed.

James

Cricket Web Owner
OK guys, we have this happening with Adders and wiff sorting out the finer details. They both deserve a great deal of thanks for the work they've put into this :)

Here is the donation page which go through to my PayPal address of cricketweb@gmail.com. I'll provide daily updates of what the amount is of which we're looking for a total of approximately $215 to cover both flags and postage. If everyone who has said they'll contribute contributes then it's about $6 each.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2PQRN7ETXPXRL

Please add your forum username to the notes of the donation.

If we manage more, as a general CW community we'll decide where it should go. Some people have suggested through the thread that it should go to a suitable related charity.

If we fall short, I'll cover the remaining amount.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Was a serious suggestion about The Ashes FTR
I reckon it's a great idea too. Only thing is, are any CW'ers rich enough to watch cricket in England?

We could make a thing to make this the most traveled flag ever!! Take photos of it in cricket grounds all over the world for years. Not like it will cost much to post anywhere.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I reckon it's a great idea too. Only thing is, are any CW'ers rich enough to watch cricket in England?

We could make a thing to make this the most traveled flag ever!! Take photos of it in cricket grounds all over the world for years. Not like it will cost much to post anywhere.
Well I don't have tix but I missed out in 2013 and my one day of international cricket for last year was cancelled due to Indian incompetence (though it would have been rained off anyway) so I'll be very likely to find my way to at least one day of Ashes cricket this year. Maybe an ODI/T20 too if I really behave myself.

There are usually CWers at various matches, think Cab gets to Lord's/Oval, dav usually attends some Tests etc.

I mean we don't need the same militance as for the Aussies Tests where I think we want a presence throughout a couple of Tests ideally. But it would be nice to see it up at a couple of days play, at least.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I reckon that's a fantastic idea. Would be great to see the flag travel the globe and hopefully have photos of it all over the world.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks to those of you have donated so far!

Please put your forum username in the notes of the donation, so everyone who donated can be thanked accordingly.

Cheers everyone.:cheers:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean we don't need the same militance as for the Aussies Tests where I think we want a presence throughout a couple of Tests ideally. But it would be nice to see it up at a couple of days play, at least.
Yep for sure. After we get this test series over, anyone going to a game of cricket anywhere can just stick their hands up and say send it my way. The recipient will then be responsible for getting it sent onto to the next person whenever or wherever that may be.

Only rules are that you have to take a photo of it, preferably with a distinguishing feature of the ground or country. We could keep a running thread with photos.

Like you say, it can be very informal and just done as and when people want to do it.

We'll make this flag famous and keep The Prince close to our hearts for years to come!!

Last edited:

dogwalker

U19 Captain
I'll probably be shot down here, but is it the best idea to drag it out beyond the upcoming Aus summer? Do his family and friends want the constant reminder?

****, I don't know.