• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm firmly in the camp that he shouldn't even have to play a game. If he comes up to me and says he's good to go, he's playing.
This Clarke mixed messages fiasco has been as shambolic as it gets. Pull your head in Cricket Australia.
These. Show some respect to body knowledge of the poor **** who's been managing it for years.

Burgey

I remember you used to have the same animosity towards Gambhir. Some thing about left handed Delhi openers.
Nah Gambhir was a tool but this bloke takes it to a whole new level. On field mocking of an opponent who's suffered an injury in a game is about as low as you can go. He's a flea.

Spark

Global Moderator
tbf Brisbane has actually been quicker and bouncier than Perth at times in the last ten years or so

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Oz team is just so meh

Siddle has taken 22 wickets @ 45 in his last 11 tests, Haddin averaged 9 with the bat in the winter and Lyon hasn't taken a wicket since coming back from a cruise on the Ark

**** knows what it takes to get dropped from the team but it obviously isn't ****ty performances

I am actually hoping that Clarke isn't fit so we get some new blood in the team by default

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
tbf Brisbane has actually been quicker and bouncier than Perth at times in the last ten years or so
It's not really that, I just find the Gabba to be such a **** venue, no one turns up, pitch is either a complete road or a greentop and it's such a ****ty looking Colosseum like ground, I just hate it.

Burgey

And those who do turn up are queenslanders. It's awful.

Apparently Perth is a very expensive venue. Crowds there are typically small as well, and apparently the cost of getting the WACA up for a test are huge and aren't carried by AFL being played at the ground either.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not really that, I just find the Gabba to be such a **** venue, no one turns up, pitch is either a complete road or a greentop and it's such a ****ty looking Colosseum like ground, I just hate it.
the ground looks **** i'll give you that but aside from 2010 and 2011 when it rained heaps beforehand the pitch has been far better than perth's imo

Burgey

I don't really see how it's Clarke's fault that he's run out of time to play a Shield or exhibition game. CA must have known through its medical staff what his likely availability would be, and they should have ensured there was a fixture he could play in. Even if he'd flown to Brisbane and guested on week two of a grade game up there for a side batting that day. It really shouldn't be all that hard to arrange.

Spark

Global Moderator
he's out then. that was a mess for all concerned.

gonna look really silly if he bats all day on the weekend and makes 200*, mind.

howardj

International Coach
I don't think it's unreasonable to require him to play at least two consecutive days of cricket, preferably where he has to fly to the venue!

Great player and has been great for Australian cricket but he needs to stop chopping people, who are involved with the team, down in public

He did it in the UAE with selections, did it with Ponting's tactics in Perth v SA when we failed to bowl them out that time, and then yesterday

Gnske

Good the old man is ruled out now, was it so hard for Clarke to just admit that he wouldn't be 100% and couldn't play like it evidently always was going to end up?

Spark

Global Moderator
Chloe Saltau @chloejane32
Clarke has not yet been ruled out of first Test. Could well be today but he is on serious collision course with CA

well now i'm just confused

social

Found it strange that he was selected in the first place as he has chronic problems and hasn't even started running yet

Guy would be 50/50 for the 2nd test let alone the Gabba

Spark

Global Moderator
Glenn Mitchell @MitchellGlenn
Michael Clarke has ruled himself out of the first Test at the Gabba.

a gripping tale