• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

thierry henry

International Coach
TBF he apparently bowled a ball at 156 in the 2003 WC.

Actually, just checking the source on that information, it just appears to be some random fan website so who knows...

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bond's peak-speed was always around 5-6 clicks down on the Lee, Akhtar & Tait's peaks who have all exceeded 160

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't believe Bond ever bowled 155-156. The only time in his entire career I remember him registering Milne-like speeds was the 2003 world cup, where all the readings seemed high. But the absolute quickest ball I remember him bowling was 153 or 154, maybe.

Even in the 2001/02 VB series I'm not sure he hit 150 at all. Maybe 150-151 for a couple of balls. But even the famous Gilchrist yorker was in the 140s.
It's funny you mention the 2003 World Cup, because I was watching a highlights package of Bond's bowling in 2003 on youtube today, and his fastest ball was 155.7 kmh. I agree that speeds did seem a bit high at that tournament, but then again it was a big tournament so you'd expect the pace bowlers to enter it in peak condition.

The Gilchrist yorker was 148. He bowled plenty of balls in the low 150's. I also remember him clocking 155 in a T20 v Australia in 2010 - so he was definitely capable of hitting that sort of pace (though obviously it's easier to bowl that sort of speed in a T20 because you only have to bowl 4 overs). But yeah, it wasn't something he did very often at all.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Handy wicket indeed, although wanted the professor.

Hopefully Misbah brings his wheelchair & not his Ferrari today & we can put on the brakes.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't necessarily call that a pie. Was a decent bouncer, even if it was a ghastly placement from the batsman.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gah would've loved it if Hafeez had been run out there, would've served him right for deliberately standing between the bowler and the ball in a transparent attempt to try and produce a fielding error.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
We've now missed 3 chances to run Hafeez out in this match. Have a bad feeling it's going to cost us dearly in the last 15 overs.

Zinzan

Wickets off no-balls, 4 overthrows...

We might be one of the 3 best all-round fielding outfits going around, but we're not in the top 3 when it comes to actually hitting the timber.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Can't help but feel that Milne's overs should be reserved for the death now. Henry a better choice for this phase of the game imo.

Zinzan

Looks like Taylor picked that up late, should have got 2 hands to it imo, even though it was flying.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Taylor in the field looks like a guy who should be wearing contacts; just not picking it up off the bat at all a couple of times I've seen him, throwing a hand out late because he hasn't moved well enough.

Zinzan

Taylor in the field looks like a guy who should be wearing contacts; just not picking it up off the bat at all a couple of times I've seen him, throwing a hand out late because he hasn't moved well enough.
Yeah, although he's matured brilliantly with the bat (particularly from a mental perspective), I've got no doubt his eye isn't as sharp as it once was which is strange for a guy who's just touched the age of 30. His deteriorate as a T20 batsman is evidence of this.

Last edited: