• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clause-Mystery-Choice Draft Thread 2014

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Round V is another MYSTERY BOX
:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

Here are the ten options:

A. Batsman, India, 1969
B. Bowler, England, 1965
C. Batsman, South Africa, 1993
D. Bowler, Pakistan, 2009
E. Wicket-Keeper, West Indies, 1963
F. All-Rounder, South Africa, 1951
G. All-Rounder, England, 1909
H. All, Rounder, Australia, 1907
I. Batsman, India, 1981
J. Batsman, Sri Lanka, 1990

H please (All rounder, Aust, 1907)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah the only sure pick that time.

I don't mean it to sound like a whinge coming from the bloke who picks last here, but I will anyway - the difference between first and last seems exaggerated here. In rounds 2 and 3 for example everyone got great players. Here it seems like a fair few of those choices aren't much cop.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You are right, but the next round is similar, let me assure you, and it will come a full circle :)

weeman27bob

International Regular

I don't mean it to sound like a whinge coming from the bloke who picks last here, but I will anyway - the difference between first and last seems exaggerated here. In rounds 2 and 3 for example everyone got great players. Here it seems like a fair few of those choices aren't much cop.
Being at the end of round 1 wasn't great either. :p

watson

Banned

But we're not making ATG teams, just teams that are better relative to everyone else. Also, due to a 'randomised' event you get to go first in round 6 where you'll probably get the equivalent of Macartney.

Actually, managing a 'Mystery Box' round is difficult because of the inevitable issues of fairness. About the only way of making the players reasonably equal that I can think of (if that's what you want to do) is to make sure that they all have near equal ICC Ratings. For example, 750 +/- 10

Last edited:

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Initially I wanted A, but there are two even three viable candidates for that so seemed a bit of a risk so went with the one for which I cannot see more than one options and that is acceptable.

harsh.ag

A. Batsman, India, 1969
B. Bowler, England, 1965
C. Batsman, South Africa, 1993
D. Bowler, Pakistan, 2009
E. Wicket-Keeper, West Indies, 1963

F. All-Rounder, South Africa, 1951
G. All-Rounder, England, 1909
H. All, Rounder, Australia, 1907
I. Batsman, India, 1981
J. Batsman, Sri Lanka, 1990

Round V

Monk - H
Weeman27bob - C
Watson - G
AldoRaine18 - E
ohnoitsyou - I
morgieb - J
Bagapath - B
Howe_zat - D

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
J. Thought about A, but there seems to be too many options there, only the one here I think.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Need a bowler so D

Amir clearly the best outcome but anyone who has worn a marijuana leaf shirt to court will do

harsh.ag

All right. The players assigned for Round V are:

Monk - H - Charlie Macartney
Weeman27bob - C - Daryll Cullinan
Watson - G - George Thompson
AldoRaine18 - E - Deryck Murray
ohnoitsyou - I - Kris Srikkanth
morgieb - J - Marvan Attapattu
Bagapath - B - Ken Higgs
Howe_zat - D - Mohammad Amir

Unpicked players: Mohinder Amarnath, Clive van Ryneveld

watson

Banned
Well that's me gone come voting time I think as there are only 11 rounds. But will be creative as possible so as to try and resurrect the bowling attack just the same.

Would have preferred Frank Woolley who I thought was the only true English allrounder from 1909.

Last edited: