• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clause-Mystery-Choice Draft Thread 2014

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Come on, watson knowing of Brendan Nash is a bit of a stretch, surely. Nobody wants to remember Brendan Nash...

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A. Bowler, Australia, 1985
B. Wicket-Keeper, South Africa, 1947
C. All-Rounder, England, 1899
D. Batsman, West Indies, 1972
E. Bowler, Pakistan, 1952
F. Batsman, Pakistan, 1990
G. Batsman, England, 1951
H. Batsman, India, 1948
I. All-Rounder, South Africa, 1992
J. All-Rounder, New Zealand, 1949

And the order for Round IV is:

Bagapath - C
Watson - G
Howe_zat - D
Weeman27bob - A
ohnoitsyou
morgieb
G.I.Joe/Monk
AldoRaine18

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Orright, I'll play some catch up!

Round 2- Shane Watson (urghhh!)
Round 3- Joel Garner (yes!)

harsh.ag

Orright, I'll play some catch up!

Round 2- Shane Watson (urghhh!)
Round 3- Joel Garner (yes!)
Finally, someone picks Garner !! :D
Not Vaughan, or Gibbs, or Attapattu? Majid Khan and Atherton were also available.

Red

I like Watson's bowling, and he gives me some versatility with either opening or coming in down the order.

Thought about Vaughan, but I don't like him, and i was never a big Gibbs fan really. Never saw much of Marvin and don't know much about him. Watto'll do!

Last edited:

Red

So far....

- Wilfred Rhodes
- Shane Watson
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Joel Garner
-

Ideally I'd like to get an elite opener and drop either Watson or Rhodes down the order, but at very least at the moment I have two all rounders, two serviceable openers, a spinner, a medium pacer and a high quality quick!

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Apologies for the skipping out. I had sudden travel plans come up. I've just skimmed the last page and it appears Monk has taken over, so it seems all good.

bagapath

International Captain
can I change my pick for this round since monk has taken Rhodes after I chose C hoping to nab him?

had Rhodes been not available I would have avoided that option...

only if it sounds fair to all....

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
can I change my pick for this round since monk has taken Rhodes after I chose C hoping to nab him?

Monk picked Watson and Garner, mate. Rhodes was picked in the very first round by GI Joe and was there in the updated list Harsh posted along with the mystery box options.

Up to harsh as he's the boss, in the end.

Red

GI Joe took Rhodes in R1 proper.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

The thing is, Rhodes was taken in the first round by G.I.Joe himself, not by Monk later.

watson

Banned
Rhodes was obviously set in concrete during round 1 - Monk or no Monk. Fact is, we all miss stuff and make mistakes. That's part of drafting.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Apologies for the skipping out. I had sudden travel plans come up. I've just skimmed the last page and it appears Monk has taken over, so it seems all good.
Just out of interest - Did you shoot harsh a quick PM to let him know what was happening?

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
Rhodes was obviously set in concrete during round 1 - Monk or no Monk. Fact is, we all miss stuff and make mistakes. That's part of drafting.
Oops... Okay... She smiled and asked me if I wanted to come up for coffee. I said no, dropped her off, and drove back alone. Ten minutes later, once back in my dorm, I wondered if I missed out on something. I have spent the next 16 years rewriting the scene again and again.

I can live with a wrong pick in a forum draft.