• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Action Reported

TNT

Banned
The irony of you asking for evidence is still stunning 5 pages later
You have convinced me, Anil Kumble the chairman of the cricket committee has approved media manager Ravi Shastri to give a false statement to the media claiming that they had the protocols reviewed by several institutions. How can you trust these people to tell the truth. they both were well aware that the cricket committee did not do its due diligence and have the protocols reviewed and have lied to the public by stating that they have, Now that I know who is actually making the decisions it is quite clear that there is reasonable evidence to believe that the cricket committee is actually lacking in integrity and credibility. I now believe that the UWA are correct and the ICC cricket committee have lied and did not in fact have their protocols reviewed by any reputable institution.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The ICC is run by and for the subcontinental countries, all of which produce the chuckers with the worst actions. Why would it secretly adopt new practices which take away the once in a generation bowler who makes these hapless countries competitive every now and again?

Fusion

Global Moderator
The ICC is run by and for the subcontinental countries, all of which produce the chuckers with the worst actions. Why would it secretly adopt new practices which take away the once in a generation bowler who makes these hapless countries competitive every now and again?
The ICC is not run by subcontinental countries. It's run by India. At least as far as the cliche goes. The old "unity" of the subcontinental block is long gone. They all have different interests, and frankly, India doesn't need the votes of Pakistan/Bangladesh/SL anymore with the emergence of the new Big 3. Lastly, it is entirely possible that India may actually disagree with the stance of those other hapless countries when it comes to chucking (by the way, from all accounts, all of the boards support the new process).

All people have generally asked for is more transparency. I don't understand why that's so unreasonable.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The committee members responsible for the lies. Anil Kumble, Mark Taylor, Andrew Strauss, Kumar Sangakkara, Ottis Gibson, Ranjan Madugalle, David Kendix, Ravi Shastri, Darren Lehmann, Trent Johnston, Clare Connor, David White, Steve Davis, Alan Isaac and John Stephenson. These are the corrupt officials that have lied about sending the protocols to several institutions, its always good to put a face to a corrupt official so we know exactly who we are talking about.
None of these people are independent.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
...and nobody claimed the ICC lied in the first place, ffs. Nor is anyone claiming that it's all a massive Reptilian illuminati fluoridated water and chemtrails conspiracy. This whole "lol you think it's a conspiracy" line of argument is a giant straw man.

EDIT: Ok, a very unfavourable reading of hendrix may imply this, but I think most reasonable readings of his posts aren't suggesting a giant ICC conspiracy, just that they have a ****ty reputation and transparency never goes astray when you have a credibility problem

It's just a lot of cricket fans going "hey ICC can you give us some more details so we know how things work before I vigorously defend a dodgy offspinner who lives within the same arbitrarily delineated patch of dirt as I do, or aggressively condemn a dodgy offspinner who lives within a different arbitrarily delineated patch of dirt." Especially considering that the change from UWA to these new procedures has provided results which, on the surface at least, seem remarkably different.

I don't see why you're so strongly opposed to a bit more transparency TNT. It comes at little cost to the ICC to release a few more details to let us all be better informed before forming our opinions on the matter.

Last edited:

DingDong

State Captain
The ICC is not run by subcontinental countries. It's run by India. At least as far as the cliche goes. The old "unity" of the subcontinental block is long gone. They all have different interests, and frankly, India doesn't need the votes of Pakistan/Bangladesh/SL anymore with the emergence of the new Big 3. Lastly, it is entirely possible that India may actually disagree with the stance of those other hapless countries when it comes to chucking (by the way, from all accounts, all of the boards support the new process).

All people have generally asked for is more transparency. I don't understand why that's so unreasonable.
i would expand on that a bit and say that icc is currently run by india with the help of england and australia who turn tricks for srini for that extra rupee.

TNT

Banned
...and nobody claimed the ICC lied in the first place, ffs. Nor is anyone claiming that it's all a massive Reptilian illuminati fluoridated water and chemtrails conspiracy. This whole "lol you think it's a conspiracy" line of argument is a giant straw man.EDIT: Ok, a very unfavourable reading of hendrix may imply this, but I think most reasonable readings of his posts aren't suggesting a giant ICC conspiracy, just that they have a ****ty reputation and transparency never goes astray when you have a credibility problemIt's just a lot of cricket fans going "hey ICC can you give us some more details so we know how things work before I vigorously defend a dodgy offspinner who lives within the same arbitrarily delineated patch of dirt as I do, or aggressively condemn a dodgy offspinner who lives within a different arbitrarily delineated patch of dirt." Especially considering that the change from UWA to these new procedures has provided results which, on the surface at least, seem remarkably different.I don't see why you're so strongly opposed to a bit more transparency TNT. It comes at little cost to the ICC to release a few more details to let us all be better informed before forming our opinions on the matter.
Dan have you contacted the ICC to ask for more details, did they refuse to give any details?.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
That's kinda what the journalists writing the articles have done. I don't think any number of emails or Cricinfo comments is likely to get the ICC to release their info to me, a lowly forum poster, after apparently not releasing it to actual journalists with actual audiences.

cnerd123

likes this
Lol at seriously thinking the the ICC would just respond to an email asking them for details.

I thought you were joking.

Burgey

Dan, how do you propose to defend a certain bowler if you have access to the ICC testing protocols? Presumably the previous protocols were accessible to people but unless you're conducting your own tests or you're an expert in the field, how does this help you defend someone?

I know it's different for supporters from the SC, who actually are experts because they produce so many bowlers with terrible actions that they know the protocols backwards.

Daemon

Because if he or others don't see any major flaws in the procedure then he can back the results of the testing more confidently.

mali167

Cricket Spectator
I'm a PAK fan and even before Ajmal got banned, I used to say to my dad and brother that he clearly throws the ball. Not going to defend him. Don't know if ICC have released the results but I think you can see with naked eye that he does it. There are many others. Hafeez got reported. I can't tell if he does but he was reported in CLT20 as well.