• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Action Reported

TNT

Banned
Nononono you have just provided evidence of the Boards accepting the ICC's Protocols. That means nothing. The ICC is made up of people from the Boards ffs.You have also just provided us with the ICC's own word that they have given the protocols out for peer review - no other source can back their claim up.You have literally wasted your time digging up links we have all read to prove absolutely nothing. It's just like if we looked for evidence of a kid doing his homework, and the only evidence we get is that same kid assuring us he did it. Where is the actual homework? Who are the teachers who are grading it? Where is the solid proof that it has been done?Where is conclusive, 3rd party proof that the ICC's protocols have been peer reviewed and that they have carried out testing on a control group?
So your stance is that the ICC have put out information that is a total lie, when the ICC said it had provided its protocol to "a number of highly-credentialed biomechanists associated with five different tertiary institutions across the world you have established that this is a lie, can you provide any evidence whatsoever to back up this claim.

cnerd123

likes this
So your stance is that the ICC have put out information that is a total lie, when the ICC said it had provided its protocol to "a number of highly-credentialed biomechanists associated with five different tertiary institutions across the world you have established that this is a lie, can you provide any evidence whatsoever to back up this claim.
Yes that's my stance, and a number of highly-credentialed lawyers associated with five different tertiary institutions around the world have backed me up on this claim.

TNT

Banned
Yes that's my stance, and a number of highly-credentialed lawyers associated with five different tertiary institutions around the world have backed me up on this claim.
OK, then we reach a stalemate, I must admit though I'm surprised that the media didn't cotton on to the lie, they would of had a field day but then again they probably are in on it with the ICC.

smash84

The Tiger King
The ICC isn't a very well respected organization globally. If its their word against the UWA, I know where I would be standing.

cnerd123

likes this
The point on debate isn't if or why the ICC is lying; the point is why do they insist on being so secretive.

'Highly credentialed experts in five tertiary institutions' is such an empty and vague statement. Anyone who has gotten a degree from India will tell you that you could basically buy yourself a Masters degree; you just attend a private university, cheat/bribe your way through exams, plagiarise a thesis that the professors cbf correcting, check all the boxes, cross your 't's dot your 'i's and boom, you have a degree.

Who are these people. Which Universities are these. Big difference between an award-winning scientist with several publishings from MIT and a fresh PhD graduate from the Technical Institute of Ranchi.

The fact that the ICC feels the need to be so secretive is what is so off-putting. It creates unnecessary doubt and raises questions that should not be raised.

cnerd123

likes this
And you also do realise the President of the ICC is currently under a huge corruption scandal investigation in India yea? Hardly the most ethical cricket board.

TNT

Banned
The point on debate isn't if or why the ICC is lying; the point is why do they insist on being so secretive.'Highly credentialed experts in five tertiary institutions' is such an empty and vague statement. Anyone who has gotten a degree from India will tell you that you could basically buy yourself a Masters degree; you just attend a private university, cheat/bribe your way through exams, plagiarise a thesis that the professors cbf correcting, check all the boxes, cross your 't's dot your 'i's and boom, you have a degree.Who are these people. Which Universities are these. Big difference between an award-winning scientist with several publishings from MIT and a fresh PhD graduate from the Technical Institute of Ranchi.The fact that the ICC feels the need to be so secretive is what is so off-putting. It creates unnecessary doubt and raises questions that should not be raised.
Has anyone asked them to provide the names of the institutions, is there a need to, I mean if they did then you would only suggest that they are in on the conspiracy with the ICC, the boards, the cricket committee, the media and the biomechanics.

TNT

Banned
And you also do realise the President of the ICC is currently under a huge corruption scandal investigation in India yea? Hardly the most ethical cricket board.
Well that seals the deal, cant argue with such clear precise logic.

smash84

The Tiger King
That's fine, if we all thought the same the world would be such a small place.
Yeah, care to explain why you want to bend over backwards trying to defend a stupid stance of a not so reputable organization?

TNT

Banned
The UWA have.
I wont dispute you superior knowledge here, although I'm a bit concerned that every single journalist is in on the conspiracy with the ICC and refuse to call them out on the lie they have put out to the public. If any governing body of another sport did this the media would be all over it so its a shame that cricket journalist have bowed to the ICC and let them get away with it.

cnerd123

likes this
I wont dispute you superior knowledge here, although I'm a bit concerned that every single journalist is in on the conspiracy with the ICC and refuse to call them out on the lie they have put out to the public. If any governing body of another sport did this the media would be all over it so its a shame that cricket journalist have bowed to the ICC and let them get away with it.
...you haven't actually read any of the articles you've linked to have you?

Or this:

Cover story | Let's talk about flex | The Cricket Monthly | ESPN Cricinfo

cnerd123

likes this
FWIW I don't believe ICC's methods are totally flawed. I do think the reason they are being secretive is more to do with the fact that they may have 'borrowed' more of UWA's intellectual property rights than they would like to admit; leaving the issue being one between the ICC and UWA. Whether or not the tests are accurate isn't the big issue.

What is true though is that the tests have changed. Undeniably. In that sense it would be nice if the ICC could release some more information and assurances that the current testing protocol is just as accurate, if not more accurate, than UWA's. But then again; doing so could open them up for a lawsuit from the UWA which they don't want to deal with.

TNT

Banned
The committee members responsible for the lies. Anil Kumble, Mark Taylor, Andrew Strauss, Kumar Sangakkara, Ottis Gibson, Ranjan Madugalle, David Kendix, Ravi Shastri, Darren Lehmann, Trent Johnston, Clare Connor, David White, Steve Davis, Alan Isaac and John Stephenson. These are the corrupt officials that have lied about sending the protocols to several institutions, its always good to put a face to a corrupt official so we know exactly who we are talking about.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The irony of you asking for evidence is still stunning 5 pages later