• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka 2014

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I wouldn't expect Lakmal to have any success on any deck.

If you want a swing bowler to provide some control then Kula is your man surely? Eranga isn't exactly tight either, but he's a decent bowler and SL's best seamer by far so he strolls in.
Kula, is class, however, he is not in any kind of form at present. Lakmal does have control and the ability to swing the ball too so i reckon this pairing will be given a decent run.They did well in UAE tbf.

Flem274*

123/5
Lakmal trumps Kula because he's decent at getting reverse tang
Kula, is class, however, he is not in any kind of form at present. Lakmal does have control and the ability to swing the ball too so i reckon this pairing will be given a decent run.They did well in UAE tbf.
Yeah but he doesn't have the ability to take a wicket, nor is he very controlled.

Kula is never going to be a world force and even if he's not having the best time of it right now he bowled ok whenever I was awake during the England series and he doesn't need to be amazing here, he just needs to lock down an end. He's not exactly quick or bouncy so on a slower Sri Lankan surface he should be bloody hard to get under and hit as well.

Eranga is your boy for reverse because he's actually dangerous with it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm with Phlegm here. It's important that we end this CW trend of pretending Lakmal is any way useful, improving or a bowler of potential. He's not fit to carry Nuwan's kit, lets be real here, and it's hardly like Nuwan is a good Test bowler himself.

Flem274*

123/5
Speaking of Sri Lankan seamers, if Eranga's finger(s) are buggered after that run out chance that's a huge loss.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, had my finger up live. Seem to remember from the NZ v IND series that Kettleborough's umpiring was pretty top notch.

Flem274*

123/5
Really impressed with how Elgar is always looking to find a way to score without getting silly.

Commentators stealing my post as I type.

Flem274*

123/5
Really, no South African opener has tonned up in Sri Lanka?

That's really surprising considering the quality of opener South Africa has toured the world with over the years.