• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Cricket Heroes

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Johnners - Mitch Johnson

I know this is in good fun but I can't accept Herrick unless we are including "reasonable cricketers who can't get a game for their state who I'd like my state to sign up". Mark Waugh is my actual hero, Siddle my modern day fav obviously.
and not your avatar?

watson

Banned
Kyear- Malco

Watson doesn't profess heroes often but I bet he loves Hadlee
That's right Monk, I don't believe in heroes. But if I'm forced to chose then Colin Blythe would be near the top of the list now that I think about it.

CWGC - Casualty Details

"War broke out when Blythe was in his maturity. There had been days when this delicate artist was too ill, too sadly overstrung to bowl and win honours for England in Test matches. But he lost his life fighting for England, one of the first to join up. A shell made by somebody who had never seen a Kent field, fell on Blythe and killed him. On any of those quiet, distant, delicious afternoons at Canterbury, when Blythe bowled his gentle spin and the summer blossomed all around, could even the ironic gods have discerned the course of events which was to take Blythe over the seas and leave him there part of the foreign dust?'

CARDUS

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sledger may be trying to make Jordan his these days but it will always be Vikram Solanki.

Richard and Mark Ealham probably my favourite.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You just run out of things to say, I guess.... But we could and should have a little thread where only posters who joined before 2005 have a discussion. I would like to read that. I ma guessing it will be much nicer and more nuanced and less heated than the ones we end up with usually :)