• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricrate: new cricket ratings website

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm a fan of QDK...but no. 1 test batsman already?!!!!!! I mean, that is beyond stupidity now.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Seems a bit fickle, to say the least.
If by fickle you mean bollocks then yes.

de Kock number 1 batsman
Herath number 1 bowler
SA number 1 Test team with SL at number 3
PNG a better ODI side then WI
The 2 T20 world finalists ranked 5 and 6

I mean this is so utter bull**** it's even got me liking a post by weldone.

viriya

International Captain
I'm a fan of QDK...but no. 1 test batsman already?!!!!!! I mean, that is beyond stupidity now.
There's multiple reasons for this:
- no other batsman is in great form right now (no one else 900+)
- he had a consistent string of matchwinning scores
- the runs he made are way more valuable than face value - for example his 84 at perth is rated close ro a typical double hundred.
- he has little history so his rating can move around faster than most. This also means if he makes a pair in the next test he will drop like a stone. This is what just happened to voges.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
If by fickle you mean bollocks then yes.

de Kock number 1 batsman
Herath number 1 bowler
SA number 1 Test team with SL at number 3
PNG a better ODI side then WI
The 2 T20 world finalists ranked 5 and 6

I mean this is so utter bull**** it's even got me liking a post by weldone.
Herath being #1 bowler and SA being neing #1 are not that controversial imo. SA only pipped Ind by a few decimal points.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Herath being #1 bowler and SA being neing #1 are not that controversial imo. SA only pipped Ind by a few decimal points.
Ashwin has had literally one bad game in god knows how long - how is that enough to knock him off top spot?
SA have won 5 out of their last 15 Tests - that is nowhere near number 1 team in the world form.

viriya

International Captain
Herath replacing Ashwin at the top is not saying Ashwin is bad now.. he still has an extremely high rating.. Herath has also been exceptional recently if you paid attention to his games.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The team rankings being a little strange I can understand, since everyone is beating everyone these days.

But QdK number 1 is most definitely bonkers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Herath replacing Ashwin at the top is not saying Ashwin is bad now.. he still has an extremely high rating.. Herath has also been exceptional recently if you paid attention to his games.
He wasn't anything special when they played in England, and certainly wasn't anywhere near as good as Yasir was when he toured a few weeks later.

viriya

International Captain
He wasn't anything special when they played in England, and certainly wasn't anywhere near as good as Yasir was when he toured a few weeks later.
He has taken 48 wickets since then. This is a current ratings where recent performances are given the biggest weight.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
- he has little history so his rating can move around faster than most. This also means if he makes a pair in the next test he will drop like a stone. This is what just happened to voges.
You must change this. Let me know if you need guidance - I have something in mind for players below a minimum sample size.

viriya

International Captain
You must change this. Let me know if you need guidance - I have something in mind for players below a minimum sample size.
It's by design - they drop faster too, that makes sense. An earlier iteration of the current ratings penalized newer players too much, I tweaked it a bit, but maybe a little too much. I do think Kock deserves to be in the top 5 at least.

viriya

International Captain
Far too high a rating, as shown by the batting one and the team ratings...
Are we talking about Herath now or? Herath being #1 right now is really an easy pick imo. He just destroyed Aus and Zim. Ashwin just was ineffective vs Eng. It's so close though so if Ashwin does well in the next test he will right back up.