• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Bash League 2014/15

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Strikers surprise package this BBL for me.
Quality top order in Hodge, Simmonds and L00ders. Maxy Klinger massive loss though.

Last edited:

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thanks for all the great info! Found my own answer here to my question in the fantasy forum, lol. And now I have this thread subscribed. Life is good.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Strikers surprise package this BBL for me. Taken all the bad South Australian batting away...
Quality top order in Hodge, Simmonds and L00ders. Maxy Klinger massive loss though.
Yeah? Thought the Strikers and Heat looked the two weakest sides.

Looking forward to this though. Take it away, Mel!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't mind the promotion one betting agent has on top runscorer market this Big Bash - get your money back if your selection hits a 6 and doesn't go on to top score.

I've gotta laugh at some of the odds in game 1 - Tom Triffitt is $5.50 to be the Stars highest scorer ahead of Dussey $9.50 and Faulkner $13.
Triffitt is now $31, Dussey $6.5 - I got on KP who was paying $4.50 and is now $3.60

anil1405

International Captain
Strikers looked one of the weaker teams on paper last season and looks like they haven't made many changes to last season.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Strikers looked one of the weaker teams on paper last season and looks like they haven't made many changes to last season.
Hodge in, Laughlin in, Pollard in, Simmons in
Would say they look at least a bit more solid than last season, obviously hurts with the loss of Klinger, Ferguson and tragically Hughes.
Obviously on paper still nowhere near Stars.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cant wait for the first time lee and tait and hogg get suggested as possible WC inclusions

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
cant wait for the first time lee and tait and hogg get suggested as possible WC inclusions
And Brad Hodge. Scary to think it was less than two years ago some people would've preferred Hodge to come into the side over Smith.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Bloody hell, KP really comes off as a massive knob doesn't he? You're not the best batsman in the world anymore champ.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Bloody hell, KP really comes off as a massive knob doesn't he? You're not the best batsman in the world anymore champ.
for someone who is semi retired, he certainly seems pretty good..all the talk about Tait from the Aussie commentators doesnt hide the fact that he is quick BUT he generally only gets 1-2 balls an over in the right areas..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's a beautiful display of keeping from Ludeman - don't even care that it wasn't an edge.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
for someone who is semi retired, he certainly seems pretty good..all the talk about Tait from the Aussie commentators doesnt hide the fact that he is quick BUT he generally only gets 1-2 balls an over in the right areas..
Oh yeah he can certainly still bat - he just sounds like a ****head with some of the stuff he's saying on the mic. Maybe it's just me but it comes off really badly half the time.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a really cool thing that C10 did last year was actively talk about the test cricket during the innings break and it seems like they'll do it again. i guess it could be CA forcing them to do so but it's still a cool little thing, considering it could be seen as promoting another station's product (and C9 dont exactly talk about the BBL on the cricket show)