• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great Batsmen Getting the Wicket of Other Great Batsmen with the ball

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't hate me. I just felt like talking about this.

Off the top of my head, I remember Sachin getting Lara out thrice. Once in the Hero Cup (bowled), once caught out while Windies were chasing (and Lara was really struggling for rhythm), and once stumped as Lara came dancing out of the crease and Sachin bowled it wide. All ODIs.

And there is the famous one of Bradman getting Hammond off of a full toss. I am sure Hammond got Bradman a few times, if not in Tests, then definitely on the tour games.

Hoping to get some unexpected stories here ! :)

BeeGee

International Captain
Mark Richardson got Mohammad Yousuf (Yousuf Youhana). Then did a lap of the pitch in celebration.

Zoe Goss got Brian Lara.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ponting…

Jimmy Adams
Michael Vaughan
Brian Lara

In a weaker/different team Ponting probably would've bowled a fair bit more and might've taken 50 or so test wickets. Always looked dangerous, and should've bowled a few more 5 over spells.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
David Gower's solitary test wicket was Kapil Dev, who was a great all-rounder, if not quite a great batsman.
6th Test: India v England at Kanpur, Jan 30-Feb 4, 1982 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

And here is proof that Mike Atherton dismissed Vengsarkar, who's track record in England had been absolutely stellar.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63536.html
I think his only other test wicket was Wasim Akram, who could also bat a bit when the mood took him.

Here is Gooch removing Gavaskar
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63238.html
He actually took 23 test wickets, so there might be some other notables in there for anyone who can be bothered to look.

Geoff Boycott bowling Graeme Pollock
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/62959.html
He dismissed Eddie Barlow later in that series too.

Does KP dismissing Michael Clarke in the 2010/11 Ashes count? I think it was in the 2nd test, just before close of play when Aus were staging some sort of a recovery.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Lala Amarnath (while not a great batsman) did score India's first Test century and was the only player to dismiss Bradman hit-wicket.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Gavaskar's only Test wicket was Zaheer Abbas.

Gavaskar's only ODI wicket was Zaheer Abbas.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Gavaskar and Doug Walters dismissed each other in the Bradman XI vs World XI match.

Greg Chappell dismissed Graeme Pollock in the same match.

Lara and Zoe Goss dismissed each other in the same match.

stumpski

International Captain
Doug Walters at Melbourne in Feb 1966 took out four of England's top six: Edrich, Cowdrey, Barrington and Smith. Not a bad haul.