• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

watson

Banned
I know that Bradman is up for grabs, and Camo999 rightly or wrongly didn't pick him, but I think that most people would assume him to be completely brilliant in any format you care to mention. Basically, whoever gets Bradman will probably win reasonably easily. Rethink??

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Wasim Akram is a gun pick. In a t20 would an outrageously high average matter as much as an amazing strike rate? I am not sure.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I thought Camo would make this decision for me because in this draft it is actually worth thinking about but if he is allowed then it has to be Don Bradman.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I know that Bradman is up for grabs, and Camo999 rightly or wrongly didn't pick him, but I think that most people would assume him to be completely brilliant in any format you care to mention. Basically, whoever gets Bradman will probably win reasonably easily. Rethink??
In a test, Bradman gives you a massive advantage. To be honest, I'm not sure the advantage he'd give you in a T20 would be more than a few other players I can think of. I think there are plenty of other players thru history that will give you more than Bradman in a T20 team. In a limited (50) overs game I'd imagine Bradman would be valuable, but not significantly better than plenty of others.

Basically limited overs formats negate what made Bradman great (the ability to bat for ages and concentrate and make monster scores).

Camo999

State 12th Man
Given all formats am more than happy with Wasim. Reckon he'd be much more valuable in T20 when the match is often decided by the guy who can come in and hit 20 off an over or snare 2 or 3 quick wickets when it's in the balance. With 10 wickets to burn in 20 overs I don't reckon Bradman would be any more valuable than any other top bat. Wasim, on the other hand is probably the best limited overs bowler ever and a brutal striker of the ball - I see he even played a few T20s at the end of his career with some success.

watson

Banned
Given all formats am more than happy with Wasim. Reckon he'd be much more valuable in T20 when the match is often decided by the guy who can come in and hit 20 off an over or snare 2 or 3 quick wickets when it's in the balance. With 10 wickets to burn in 20 overs I don't reckon Bradman would be any more valuable than any other top bat. Wasim, on the other hand is probably the best limited overs bowler ever and a brutal striker of the ball - I see he even played a few T20s at the end of his career with some success.
Yeah fair call Camo.

And good one Howe for creating a complex draft as it will tricky balancing the team. Seemed easy at first, now I'm not so sure.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
I don't often get to pick Sobers in a draft, so I think I'll take this opportunity.
Sir Garfield Sobers for me.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Round 1

Camo999 - Wasim Akram
Pothas - Don Bradman
Blakus - Garry Sobers
GI Joe - Adam Gilchrist
harsh.ag
ohnoitsyou
Dan
Watson
morgieb
Monk
kyear2
Howe_zat
AldoRaine
Saint Kopite

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Good pick imo. Gets the #4 Test position sorted, plus a Limited overs opener. Wanted him tbh.

Murali