• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Him and Robson doing exactly what they need to do so far. Both looking certain bets right now.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Him and Robson doing exactly what they need to do so far. Both looking certain bets right now.
Happy with that, Cook, Robson, Bell and Ballance is ok. Just need to find two others and keeper which may be Root, Stokes and Prior fitness permitting. Doesn't seem too bad a line up if that is what we go with.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I really do believe one day Somerset's senior players will stand up. At this rate, it'll probably be in division two next year though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Northants off to a bad start, shame.

Good to see Onions doing well again. Gives us options as back up to Broad and Anderson with him and Jordan starting the season well. Still think Finn is a long term answer but should be left to play for Middlesex for at least the first half of the season and preferably all summer.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Happy with that, Cook, Robson, Bell and Ballance is ok. Just need to find two others and keeper which may be Root, Stokes and Prior fitness permitting. Doesn't seem too bad a line up if that is what we go with.
We've been on at this for a while but really I don't think Sri Lanka ant home will be much trouble for any of the peripheral batsmen, at least not more so than the good county attacks. Just need to keep our best players in form, make sure the side isn't a bunch of kids and hope whoever does get picked establishes themselves.

Jarquis

Northants will be fine when Willey can start bowling again, he's a gun.

Starting to develop a real soft spot for a few young players who have looked hopelessly **** in the past - Javid, Dent and especially Gregory getting runs today would make me happy.

At the same time there's a bunch that need to FO - looking at you Keaton Jennings and Chris Jones. Billy Godleman too, how is this bloke still a professional cricketer?

Last edited:

grecian

Northants will be fine when Willey can start bowling again, he's a gun.

Starting to develop a real soft spot for a few young players who have looked hopelessly **** in the past - Javid, Dent and especially Gregory getting runs today would make me happy.

At the same time there's a bunch that need to FO - looking at you Keaton Jennings and Chris Jones. Billy Godleman too, how is this bloke still a professional cricketer?

Jinx.

stumpski

International Captain
Only 33 overs so far at the Oval, so they must have started late - I can only assume that Solanki's unfit as he's missed two CC games now, surely he'd be picked ahead of Wilson or Roy. Nice to see Matt Dunn get a first team game and he had a good first scalp with the wicket of the England captain. Cook would have wanted more, but he seems to be in decent touch.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Northants are boned. A good early-season day in the life of Jack Brooks before he becomes pants again in July.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Possibly the two quickest bowlers in England playing at the Oval. Dunn v Mills.

Good that they're both getting some gametime.

grecian

So Meschede's injured so Somerset's second change bowler is James Hildreth, today is going spiffingly.

Pothas

Such a nothing game for Hampshire so far. Just got to make sure we don't lose it I guess.