• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Over-rated things in cricket

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Was umpiring today, and the team bowling second bowled 18 overs in about 100 minutes.

In fairness they took 10 wickets, the batsmen were taking every bit of their 3 minutes to get out there because they weren't padded up in time (and were rather clueless), one kid came out without a helmet so I sent him to go get one, and a bat got snapped clean in half ala Messrs Carberry and Wright.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Was umpiring today, and the team bowling second bowled 18 overs in about 100 minutes.

In fairness they took 10 wickets, the batsmen were taking every bit of their 3 minutes to get out there because they weren't padded up in time (and were rather clueless), one kid came out without a helmet so I sent him to go get one, and a bat got snapped clean in half ala Messrs Carberry and Wright.
yeah that's pretty bad, once in a 75 over game I played we actually had to slow down because the rules state you must bowl 20 overs or something similar in the last hour, and if you go into the last hour having bowled more than 55 overs you still have to bowl 20. Mind you, our opening bowlers bowled pretty much all day off about 5 steps