Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: **Official** England in the West Indies 2013-14

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    It doesn't show lack of alternatives, it shows how absolutely ****ing clueless the selectors are.

Revolving door for many players, whilst proven ****house players like Bopara and Turdbach get picked until the end of time.
    Turdbach fair enough. But this guy?.....

He should be captain.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

England are supposed to be undergoing a changing of the guard. Building to future success. The next World Cup is in Australia & New Zealand and Ravi '****house' Bopara has just been absolutely atrocious across 8 matches apart from one innings, in a different format to the World Cup, in a situation where the innings was completely and utterly meaningless - ie the only scenario where he doesn't bottle it.

He's proven to be a total liability in T20. He's poor in ODIs and doesn't have a role. He's too ****e to bat in the top 4-5 and doesn't have the bottle to finish the job lower down the order.

First move of the new 'era' picking a squad with ****house and Turdbach in it. What a revolution.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Turdbach fair enough. But this guy?.....

He should be captain.
    Distinct lack of a ball at 2:49

Last edited by nightprowler10; 06-02-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    RIP Craigos

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis

for Scaly.

Even though I agree with him wholeheartedly about Dernbach, honestly pick seamers out of a hat, better pick than Jade. Just no justification.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Well here is the Chancellors x1 squad that will play England in a warm up match at the sir viv stadium in antigua!!..

SQUAD: Steven Jacobs (captain) Nicholas Alexis, Adrian Barath, Jonathan Carter, Kyle Corbin, Miguel Cummins, Akeem Dewar, Paul Palmer, Raymon Reifer, Dawayne Sealy, Devon Thomas, Chadwick Walton

MANAGEMENT Floyd Reifer (Coach) Steven Leslie (Manager) Curtly Ambrose (Bowling Consultant) Andrew Simpson (Physio/Trainer)
    Link

Decent little squad...not too familiar with Palmer and Sealy..but apparently the former is a top order batsman who can bowl a bit and the latter is a seamer... the rest have played at various levels..

Barath
    Alexis
    Palmer
    Corbin
    Carter (right arm seamer)
    Reifer (left arm fast)
    Walton (wk)
    Jacobs (c) (off-break)
    Dewar (leg-break)
    Sealy (right arm medium)
    Cummings (right arm fast)

Some notes on some of the players..

Barath= he's just gone downhill since he last played for WI...in the current one day competition going on he hasn't looked good at all...so i'm rather surprised he's playing but who knows he might just rediscover his tough in this game.

Carter= got a ton the other day against Trinidad and got a ton for the A-team in india...one of the young batsmen in the caribbean who people believe can step up and play for WI..has all the shots and is a stylish left-hander...a good score here could see him play in the series

Reifer= Cousin of Floyd Reifer...he's a good alround talent who can both bat and bowl...

Corbin= Another young batsman with a lot of potential...gets starts and looks good but often throws it away...needs to step up now and get more big scores

Dewar= Tall leggy who gets bounce..had a decent season last year for CCC so it will be interesting to see how he fairs against international players

Cummings= Very talented Barbados pacer who many believe will be the next one to step up for WI..was the best pacer in last years four day competition and then went to India and impressed for the A-team...a good performance here might see him get a look in for this series aswell.

Would have liked to have seen Ronsford Beaton get a game and maybe Kirk Edwards seeing as he needs match practise but all in all i'm ok with this squad.
    One Day cups- Champions trophy winners-T20 cup-29 test series without defeat record- and some think we're a "minnow".

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I wonder how shivfan feels about Cook sitting this out
    Furball likes this.

Who the **** are half these players?

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Chances of Liam Plunkett getting a late call-up to take KP's position in the batting order after his England A century today?
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Parry in the squad. Gun.

First warmup game today.

Interesting to see how they line up for the ODI's as they've sent the T20 squad for them.

I'd go

Hales, Moeen, Root, Stokes, Morgan, Buttler, Bopara, Jordan, Broad, Parry, Gurney,

But it's the kind of squad you can come up with any composition of players. Might be able to play one more batsmen in that team instead of a bowler given you've got Moeen, Stokes and Ravi in the top 7. Maybe open with Wright and let him and Hales attack.

Hales, Wright, Ali, Root, Morgan, Buttler, Bopara, Stokes, Broad, Parry, Jordan

And I'm sure Bresnan will play but it's a nice thought to not have in the team at least. Whichever way you put the team it's going to be average though with players like Hales, Wright, Bresnan, Parry, Ali in it.

Well England have gone:

England: Hales, Wright, Stokes, Root, Morgan, Bopara, Buttler, Bresnan, Jordan, Broad, Tredwell

Not terribly exciting, but Stokes smacking it around after decent cameos from Hales and Wright.

No Moeen? This upsets me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    No Moeen? This upsets me.
    It's a horrid day for England, Cricket and humanity TBH.

I don't think Moeen particularly warrants selection as such for England in ODI or T20 cricket because his domestic play has been fairly average but given the options in the squad and given that this is in the WI where spinning wickets are become increasingly prevalent (and afte that in Bangladesh) it's annoying to see Moeen not in the team. I really think 2 spinners + Root will be the way to go in some of these games (because of the wickets and englands **** seamers)- and maybe it's better to have Parry instead of Tredwell to offer a different variation.

Tricky Tredders has picked up three, all caught by Jordan, he certainly improves us in the field.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information