• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graham Stevenson

stumpski

International Captain
4-33 and 28* off 18 to win the game - and they gave the match award to Lillee. :dry:

You have to be of a certain age to remember him I suppose. Was unlucky to be playing at the same time as Willis, Botham, Old, Hendrick, Lever etc but should still have played more than four ODIs.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He wasn't a number 11 really of course, but 115 out of that 10th wicket partnership of 149 with Boycs says more about Boycs than it does about Stevenson

Perversely I think his England career was held back because Fred Trueman talked him up too much - to listen to Fiery Fred you'd think he was a second Ian Botham

But RIP - with Stevo to add to Graham Dilley I am becoming increasingly aware of my own mortality

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
He wasn't a number 11 really of course, but 115 out of that 10th wicket partnership of 149 with Boycs says more about Boycs than it does about Stevenson

Perversely I think his England career was held back because Fred Trueman talked him up too much - to listen to Fiery Fred you'd think he was a second Ian Botham

But RIP - with Stevo to add to Graham Dilley I am becoming increasingly aware of my own mortality
My thoughts too. Rotten news, and, as others have said, 58 is no sort of age at which to be passing on.

chasingthedon

International Regular
Maybe Stevenson was nicking the strike at the end of every over.

:)

Very sad, as others have said, no age - I'm only 2 years younger FFS.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe Stevenson was nicking the strike at the end of every over.

:)
Could well be, after all he didn't have the luxury of being able to run Boycs out.

It would be interesting to see Boycs reaction at the time - not only did Stevenson's effort stop him getting another not out, and carrying his bat to boot, he also eventually got out to a part time leggie - did he join in the celebrations or sit and sulk? Whatever he might be quoted as saying now I suspect there would have been an element of the latter