Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: **Official** Sri Lanka Domestic Season 2013/14

My preferred 'A' team for the 3rd 'test' - with exceptions made for players currently in Bangladesh...

Dimuth
    Silva
    Tharanga (c) - can't really drop him now
    Warnapura
    Roshen Silva
    Jeevan Mendis
    Prasanna Jayawardene (wk)
    Suraj Randiv
    Tharindu Kaushal
    Chanaka Welegedara
    Nuwan Pradeep
    Prince EWS likes this.
    There are two colours in my head

Chanaka Welegedara is injured. I would like to see Kanishka Alvitigala instead of him, who is about 6' 3" and hits the deck real hard. Jeewan Mendis doesn't look belonging there. So I'd prefer Chathuranga de Silva instead. Done really well with the bat and is an able 3rd spinner.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

First Class Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    i would agree, i havent been a fan of welegedara for a long time now..the only thing he had going for him was that he was a left armer...apart from that, non special military medium imho...however, i do like Mendis as i think he is a good finisher and a fantastic fielder..to be fair, the last time i saw him was last year so not sure on his current form...
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Eds
    A good finisher? In FC cricket?
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Welegedara has been playing in the premier league and doing ok for the last couple of matches, he would be able to play, whether or not you think he should.

I picked Mendis because he's been in excellent form with both the bat and the ball in the Premier League all season and deserves a chance IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post
    A good finisher? In FC cricket?

no i was talking about when he last played ODIs, Jeevan did well imho and i couldnt see a reason for him being dropped..As i said im post, not sure what his recent form is like tho..

Mendis was probably dropped from the ODI side because he looked pretty terrible in Australia, given the selectors will have the WC in mind atm there is little point playing him in the team now. His recent domestic form has been excellent btw

Yessssssssssssss

Sri Lanka Cricket News: CSA confirms two-Test tour to Sri Lanka | ESPN Cricinfo

While I'm pretty pissed that the test series has been cut short I'm glad to see they've put it in July this year, that means Sri Lanka now have a pretty consistent year of test cricket (as far as scheduling goes) ahead of them including tours of England and then New Zealand. South Africa have struggled in Sri Lanka in the past (mind you their last visit was in 2006) so this tour is a good opportunity for them.

good news and hopefully some of the odi's will go into august as i will be there then and can hopefully go and watch...shame it sonly two tests though as you say...

The third 'test' started today, Randiv and Jeevan Mendis made the team too, both of them have a wicket at tea, while Lahiru Gamage has taken 2, Lions 201-5

another good efffort with the bat from Woakes..he is a genuine all rounder and hopefully will get a run again in teh full team..Randhiv's economy figures look very good and i see both he and Jeevan got a wicket too...

The SLPL franchise t20 competition got cut for the second year running, absolutely no one seems to care about that ****, not hugely surprised I must say.

Lions ended up getting bowled out for 450 odd, Randiv took 5-107, take note pls selectors, YorksLanka's boi Tharanga has made a good start too
    YorksLanka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    The SLPL franchise t20 competition got cut for the second year running, absolutely no one seems to care about that ****, not hugely surprised I must say.
    Reckon Colombo just fielding a team in the IPL instead is the way forward tbh. Sri Lanka probably wasted their last remaining bargaining chip to make that happen though.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post

Lions ended up getting bowled out for 450 odd, Randiv took 5-107, take note pls selectors, YorksLanka's boi Tharanga has made a good start too
    yeah boi...

good to see both Randiv and Tharanga doing well and hopefully Thranaga can sneak his way into the England tour as he is good at playing swing bowling...would be handy in the middle order..
    Last edited by YorksLanka; 27-02-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Reckon Colombo just fielding a team in the IPL instead is the way forward tbh. Sri Lanka probably wasted their last remaining bargaining chip to make that happen though.
    it was a silly idea as there arent enough quality players in our domestic league to make this tournament successfu and its overkilll..you are right although i dont think that wouldlead to any success either..

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information