• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SRT - How many runs left?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No way he is not scoring at least one hundred in the series. This will be another Sydney 04.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
. This will be another Sydney 04.
He's going to play like renowned selfish one-gear Kallis and bore the **** out of me? :ph34r:

I kid... Wouldn't mind if he got a boring, scrappy hundred. I want to see one more ton no matter how bad it is. Just one more raise of that ridiculously wide bat :)

Edit: just realised he'll raise the bat if he gets to fifty... So two more in one innings, please :p

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The amount of runs he scores now is almost immaterial to be honest. He is literally the Tony Blair of cricket (i.e. everyone's darling early on, experienced immense levels of popularity, began to fall from grace, but prolonged his tenure purely for the sake of massaging his own ego, and will ultimately be remembered for this rather than anything else he achieved. Though some shameless, and brainless, fans will continue to crow about how wonderful he was)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Considering his last domestic innings I think he will make a 70 in 1 innings. A 10-20 run innings and an unbeaten 50 while chasing and winning in Mumbai. Its going to be incredible no matter what happens.

fredfertang

The amount of runs he scores now is almost immaterial to be honest. He is literally the Tony Blair of cricket (i.e. everyone's darling early on, experienced immense levels of popularity, began to fall from grace, but prolonged his tenure purely for the sake of massaging his own ego, and will ultimately be remembered for this rather than anything else he achieved. Though some shameless, and brainless, fans will continue to crow about how wonderful he was)
So who is his Gordon Brown, and indeed his Peter Mandelson?

harsh.ag

The amount of runs he scores now is almost immaterial to be honest. He is literally the Tony Blair of cricket (i.e.everyone's darling early on, experienced immense levels of popularity, began to fall from grace, but prolonged his tenure purely for the sake of massaging his own ego, and will ultimately be remembered for this rather than anything else he achieved. Though some shameless, and brainless, fans will continue to crow about how wonderful he was)
Wow.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So who is his Gordon Brown, and indeed his Peter Mandelson?
Ganguly is probably Gordon Brown. A charmless man who would strop if he didn't get his own way, was hard to warm to, and always in the Shadow of those around him despite supposedly holding a higher office.

Not sure about Mandelson, will require some thought.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't worry, as you yourself said, he has billions of shameless, brainless fans... I'm sure they'll make sure he's remembered for his wonderful achievements ;)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'll remember him for failing to stick up for Vinod Kambli when the latter was out of form. Disgraceful.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
The last time we toured India we had two 100 run first inning leads in three test matches!!..with a team less experienced than the one we have now!!....so you're free to do the maths!!.
Last time around, WI lost one of the games by an innings as well. Incidently, it was the one that was played in Kolkata.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Again, the comparisons with Sachin and you ring true.

Brainless fans = GIMH by the way :ph34r:

salman85

International Debutant
Reckon he'll score a century in one of his remaining innings.

This tour will be a bookie paradise in India.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I've often wondered about the political leanings of Sachin I have heard he is linked to the more liberal Congress party - but have always suspected he may lean to the right wing if pressed.