• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any Fast bowler who got a lot wickets on sub-continent pitches w/o relying on swing?

Flem274*

123/5
When I was at the age from which it's possible to develop into a good cricket player (no later than 14, IMO)
Bit of an aside but this isn't the case. I can think of several players from New Zealand alone who were late bloomers. I can also name you a couple of schoolboy prodigies who, looking at them in retrospect, would make you scratch your head.

Two names: Craig Cumming and Shane Bond - guess which categories they fall into?

I don't dispute starting earlier is best because it takes so much to make it to test or even FC cricket - you need to learn what works, apply it to yourself and see what works for you and then get so good at it those skills are ingrained instincts - but latecomers can do it, it's just harder.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, I suppose, but the point is that it's not the cricket geeks who turn into good players, by and large.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bit of an aside but this isn't the case. I can think of several players from New Zealand alone who were late bloomers. I can also name you a couple of schoolboy prodigies who, looking at them in retrospect, would make you scratch your head.

Two names: Craig Cumming and Shane Bond - guess which categories they fall into?

I don't dispute starting earlier is best because it takes so much to make it to test or even FC cricket - you need to learn what works, apply it to yourself and see what works for you and then get so good at it those skills are ingrained instincts - but latecomers can do it, it's just harder.
Raymond Price didn't even start playing cricket until he was eighteen.