• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ishant Sharma Disparagement Thread

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
No surprises here.

Ishant Sharma is among the long list of Indian Fast Bowlers who were built up as having the potential of eclipsing Hadlee, Imran, Lillee and Marshall combined..

Only to end up eclipsing Younis Khan's ability as a medium pacer.

He isn't the first.And he won't be the last.
Certainly not true. Unless it is mentioned sarcastically, none of the Indian fast bowlers have been hyped up that much..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Certainly not true. Unless it is mentioned sarcastically, none of the Indian fast bowlers have been hyped up that much..
You're kidding aren't you? Every time the keeper has to stand back from the stumps for a bloke from India he gets hyped up as an out and out speed machine. It's one of the few consistencies in international cricket.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is Sharma's pitch map for that over against Forkers.

That is absolutely ****ing disgusting.

I can't possibly imagine that was Sharma's idea to bowl length and short to Faulkner. I honestly think:

a) A coach in the Indian set up has advised him that in the death it's best to hit a length; or
b) No one has taught him how to bowl at the death and he's just bowled how he would if it was the second over of the match.

The best ball to bowl at the death is the ball that hits the batting crease 2-3 feet outside off stump. You set a third man, deep point/deep cover point, long on and long off. If the batsman somehow manufactures to hit it through mid wicket then good on him.

Surely the Indian bowling coach needs to grab a shoe, place it on the crease wide of off stump and tell his pace bowlers to hit the shoe as many times in a row as possible. Then do exactly the same in the last 4-5 overs.

****ing horrible cricket.
c) Choke.

Plenty of evidence against a choke, though. The sequence of short ones suggests he got fired up after Falkner put him over his head, lost it and decided to bounce him out. If after 6 years of international cricket (mostly Tests at that) he can't keep himself in check in a situation like that, there are deep problems with Sharma as an international standard quick and as an option for India in any form.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
c) Choke.

Plenty of evidence against a choke, though. The sequence of short ones suggests he got fired up after Falkner put him over his head, lost it and decided to bounce him out. If after 6 years of international cricket (mostly Tests at that) he can't keep himself in check in a situation like that, there are deep problems with Sharma as an international standard quick and as an option for India in any form.
no **** sherlock :p

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
India should formally abandon fast bowling and play with 4 full-time spinners.

Discuss ...
India should just play with 11 batsmen and include Dinesh Kartik to keep the wickets and the bowling duties can be shared between Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj, Raina, Dhoni.. I am pretty sure they would be conceding around the 350 mark which 11 batsmen would take about 35 overs to chase down.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Just wanted to pop in to say I was the original hater. :ph34r:

Jono and Cribb to confirm.

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Sill think he can eke out a decent career if he can sort his wrist position out.
He needs to be dropped though and not just for a few ODI games - the selectors basically need to drop him from the tours to South Africa and New Zealand - give him the sort of jolt that was given to Zaheer in 2006.

Unlike with most other Indian seamers who've fallen away, his issues are technical rather than attitude/fitness related - which certainly suggest that if given time/space away from international cricket he may be able to come back.

Ponty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I bet Ponty really gets pissed off every time someone mentions Atul.
For fairness, as long as they mention Mohit Sharma, Harshal Patel, Darren Gough, Dale Steyn or Shoaib Akhtar as well, I don't mind.

Joking apart, I am used to t**** taking the piss to be honest. You can't be a coach working with all levels of players, if you are worried about a few saddos getting their kicks hidden behind a laptop screen, with their pants round their ankles.

One in particular keeps on doing it. and we all know who he is on here :unsure:

Last edited: