• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Monk's Real Time Draft (Sept 2013) - VOTING THREAD

Please select the best and strongest Test team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
PLEASE VOTE FOR THE TWO BEST AND STRONGEST TEAMS. That is, the most likely to win a 5 Test Match series.

The Draft consisted of a number of Clauses as follows;

Clauses

- Choose a cricketer with a test batting average between 24 and 36

- Choose a player who has played 30 or more T20Is.

- Choose a player with a test batting average higher than his FC batting average OR a higher ODI batting average higher than his test batting average.

- Choose a player who played test cricket with or against one of the following players- CTB Turner, WG Grace, Fred Spofforth, Victor Trumper.

- Choose one player dismissed by one of the following bowlers- Fred "The Demon" Spofforth, Bill "Tiger" O'Reilly, "Fiery" Fred Trueman, Colin "Funky" Miller, or Greg "Mo" Matthews

- Choose your favourite player from the pool of unselected players when you use this clause, and in one sentence tell us why he's your favourite.

The other five players are your own choice.
Bradman is available, but his selection will put you at the end of the two rounds following the one you select him in.

Rules

- Draft the strongest test team you can

- You have 5 minutes to select a player when it is your turn

- Stay online for the duration of the draft

- 11 rounds only (no 12th men)

- List will be randomised after each two rounds, with every second round the reverse of the one before it. Full order will be posted before the draft starts. Only changes will be if Bradman is taken
And at the end of 11 Rounds the teams were;

SCHEARZIE's XI
01. Bob Simpson
02. Herb Sutcliffe
03. Brian Lara
04. Wally Hammond
05. Michael Clarke
06. Allan Border*
07. Brendon McCullum+
08. Dan Vettori
09. Ray Lindwall
10. Curtly Ambrose
11. SF Barnes

MONK's XI
01. Victor Trumper
02. Gordon Greenidge
03. Viv Richards*
04. Greg Chappell
05. Kevin Pieterson
06. Garry Sobers
07. Adam Gilchrist+
08. Richard Hadlee
09. Wasim Akram
10. Bill O'Reilly
11. Glenn McGrath

HARSH's XI
01. Jack Hobbs
02. Len Hutton
03. Don Bradman*
04. Graeme Pollock
05. Ricky Ponting
06. AB De Villiers+
07. Keith Miller
08. Alan Davidson
09. Shane Warne
10. Joel Garner
11. Waqar Younis

WATSON's XI
01. Sunil Gavaskar
02. Barry Richards
03. George Headley
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Jacques Kallis
06. Kumar Sangakkara
07. Alan Knott+
08. Imran Khan*
09. Wilfred Rhodes
10. Malcolm Marshall
11. Dennis Lillee

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE TWO BEST AND STRONGEST TEAMS. That is, the most likely to win a 5 Test Match series.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Please note that the Poll Questions should have said; 'Please select the two best and strongest Test teams.'

(But I'm not sure how to edit the Poll question)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think they are all as good as each other tbh, so went for Harsh's and Watson's on the basis they are the two I'd prefer to watch

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Went to vote for Monk and Watson. Trying to use one hand, pressed vote instead. Kindly add a vote onto Watson's for the final tally please.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I'd love to watch Monk's team play day five going for a win, but Harsh's team is INCREDIBLE. It was my first draft of any sort, so I'll get better no doubt. Watson's side is good too. So much fun, can't wait to do another one.

harsh.ag

I'd love to watch Monk's team play day five going for a win, but Harsh's team is INCREDIBLE. It was my first draft of any sort, so I'll get better no doubt. Watson's side is good too. So much fun, can't wait to do another one.
Love the enthusiasm :) And Monk did a brilliant job to get this done in record time ! Honestly, Monk's team is the most fun :D Incredible lower middle order and bowling.

The Battlers Prince

Love the enthusiasm :) And Monk did a brilliant job to get this done in record time ! Honestly, Monk's team is the most fun :D Incredible lower order and bowling.
****en diplomat, your's is the best for my view. Monk's is the funnest as you say and I think Watson's is going to run a close second, I'm not overly disappointed, I really like some of the guys in my side who others won't really. But yeah well done to Monk for a fun draft!

I may also have a few beers under the belt ****

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Must admit that my team is a bit overly predictable. Marshall, Lillee, and Imran would probably form the strongest attack in the history of the human race, and the batting is rock solid, but nothing very imaginative in the selections.

Ambrose-Lindwall-Barnes, and McGrath-Hadlee-Akram-O'Reilly are more fun, and Harsh's batting line-up cannot be beaten.

Thanks again Monk.

The Battlers Prince

Must admit that my team is a bit overly predictable. Marshall, Lillee, and Imran would probably form the strongest attack in the history of the human race, and the batting is rock solid, but nothing very imaginative in the selections.

Ambrose-Lindwall-Barnes, and McGrath-Hadlee-Akram-O'Reilly are more fun, and Harsh's batting line-up cannot be beaten.

Thanks again Monk.
Elementary, my dear Watson, your batting line up is awesome, when you get to Sanga at 6, I can't see you side having less than say 350 very often on a bad wicket. Then a very capable bowling side behind that.

Apart from what will now be known as the "Vettori Clanger" you did well!
Cheers Monk. Yeah Dan V's a solid player but not an ATG which is more what was needed! oops

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
For me Watson and Monk just has the best bowlers and with batting lineups like these the est bowling attacks would have the best chance of winning.

harsh.ag

For me Watson and Monk just has the best bowlers and with batting lineups like these the est bowling attacks would have the best chance of winning.
Yup, there bowling attacks are better, although I would like to believe that I have a nice bit of variety in my attack, plus a sweet fifth bowler :happy:

bagapath

International Captain
Only four of you ****ers played this game and each team is good. Four more players would have thrown up more interesting combos. As of now all good teams.

Am pissed off I wasn't part of it

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, please make it either a Friday or Saturday Eastern time next time, would love to take part.

And yes it does take ideally 8 or at the very least 6 players for a good draft.