Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: New Zealand A Tour of India and Sri Lanka

Seems the "we run a tight ship" triumvirate (Cricinfo, BCCI and NZC) are now all aligning here. Cribbage or Dan to kindly copy-paste into my OP.

New Zealand Cricket -

28/08/2013 - 30/08/2013
    India A vs New Zealand A - First Class Match
    Port Trust Diamond Jubilee Stadium, Visakhapatnam - 9:30am (local time), 4:00pm (NZ time)
    2/09/2013 - 5/09/2013
    India A vs New Zealand A - First Class Match
    Dr. YSR Reddy ACA-VDCA Stadium, Visakhapatnam - 9:30am (local time), 4:00pm (NZ time)
    8/09/2013
    India A vs New Zealand A - List-A Match
    Port Trust Diamond Jubilee Stadium, Visakhapatnam - 9:00am (local time), 3:30pm (NZ time)
    10/09/2013
    Dr. YSR Reddy ACA-VDCA Stadium, Visakhapatnam - 9:00am (local time), 3:30pm (NZ time)
    12/09/2013
    Dr. YSR Reddy ACA-VDCA Stadium, Visakhapatnam - 9:00am (local time), 3:30pm (NZ time)
    17/09/2013 - 20/09/2013
    Sri Lanka A vs New Zealand A - First Class Match
    Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium - 10:00am (local time), 4:30pm (NZ time)
    23/09/2013 - 26/09/2013
    Sri Lanka A vs New Zealand A - First Class Match
    Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Kandy - 10:00am (local time), 4:30pm (NZ time)
    29/09/2013
    Sri Lanka A vs New Zealand A - List-A Match
    Welagedara Stadium, Kurunegala - 10:00am (local time), 4:30pm (NZ time)
    1/10/2013
    Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium - 10:00am (local time), 4:30pm (NZ time)
    3/10/2013
    Welagedara Stadium, Kurunegala - 10:00am (local time), 4:30pm (NZ time)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Looking forward to Chand's and Zol's performances batting wise. I'm not sure why they haven't decided to take guys like Ishwar Pandey for this tour as well though. Really feel for Pankaj Singh as well, one of the unluckiest guys in cricket I reckon.
    Ishwar Pandey would do better touring than playing at home. Pankaj Singh, on the other hand, I can't say much about- he may be too old and seasoned for this tournament, which is full of rookies. Much like Amit Bhandari standing head and shoulders above the others in India A's tour of England in 2003. As for Chand and Zol, it should be a learning experience and no more.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Pankaj Singh, on the other hand, I can't say much about
    Could've fooled me.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Is he not good enough? Is he too old for this grade? We can't tell. The Indian selectors don't seem to think he's any good, but looking at the level of experience of both sides, he's too big a player to play here.

Sri Lanka A sqaud announced, we might get a decent look at Seneneyeke and Danajaya (no idea with the spelling)
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I'm disappointed that Butler is nowhere to be seen in the squad. Would rather give him a chance in the A team than Gillespie. He's just refused to quit despite a stupid number of back injuries, and you've gotta admire that kinda dogged determination. That and he was ****ing awesome in last season's Plunket Shield bowling first change.
    Based on only last summers footage, I'd say Butler offers more than Wagner and more consistency than Bracewell but Bracewell is more likely to produce a magic spell. Wouldn't mind him being the third seamer in Bangladesh, as unlikely as it is.

I think the selectors have thrown in their lot with Gillespie as the grizzled old pro quick though, and fair enough too since Gillespie at his best is easily in the top three seamers we have. He's a crock who needs a lot of bowling under his belt to get near his best but they obviously back themselves to get the best out of him. It would have been easy to discard him after his showing against England A.

Milne and Henry are evidently the young bowlers they're keen on, and again those guys are good calls. Milne has the best clay of anyone in the country and Henry dominates FC in a way only Southee and Boult do, probably more in fact (of the younger bowlers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    On Henry:
    I am pleased he has improved his troublesome run up from basically lightly jogging into the crease into a much better measured and faster run up but I am still fearful for him and his back. I also hope that in future when the cantab coaching staff notice a young man with his run up that they do something about it rather than letting him break down.

Cricket | Recovery mission for Wizards cricket flatmates... | Stuff.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Punjab-born leggie 'Ish Sodhi' eyes Black Cap - Hindustan Times

"My family moved to NZ in 1996, I was four at the time. My father is a doctor by profession and currently manages a mental health service and my mother a teacher. It’s fair to say I wasn’t born into a sporting family but my love for sport, especially cricket, grew from battles in the backyard with friends. I have visited Ludhiana several times and still consider it my second home,” said Sodhi.

Through the ranks
    The lanky leggie has risen quickly through the ranks and was part of the U-19 team that lost narrowly to India in the semis in last year’s U-19 World Cup in Townsville. Sodhi also showed his prowess with the bat in the quarterfinal against West Indies, coming in at number 8 and helping the team score the 26 runs that were required off the last 15 balls.

At the heart of his success has been the man who paved the way for PIOs in New Zealand, Dipak Patel.
    “I was fortunate to work with Dipak Patel from a young age which proved to be very valuable later on in my development. I have been very lucky to have spent time with the likes of Paul Strang, Matt Horne (NZ U-19 coach). Paul Wiseman, former NZ spin bowler has been a huge influence in my development over the past couple of years.”

The 20-year-old added that he is eager for his first major tour in the senior setup, even if it is with the ‘A’ team. He also said that while he could speak both Punjabi and Hindi, his Kiwi accent would give him away as an outsider.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Oh yeah, this starts today. Doubt there are any live scorecards floating around but hopefully blackcaps.co.nz or cricinfo will have the scorecard at close of play.

Is this really a 3-dayer followed by a 4-dayer? Seems odd.

India B vs NZ A, should be interesting

Thanks Indian and Sri Lankan boards, great scheduling for the plucky little Kiwis as always -

Visakhapatnam, India Weather Forecast from Weather Underground

Cricket: NZ A side without Anderson and Henry for tour opener - Cricket - NZ Herald News

Ideally, New Zealand A coach Grant Bradburn would have liked a fully fit squad for the opening game of their cricket tour of India and Sri Lanka. But that's not the case.

Allrounder Corey Anderson (bruised thigh) and seamer Matt Henry (slight side strain) are out of consideration for the opening three-dayer against India A, starting at Visakhapatnam today, and fast bowler Adam Milne has been delayed by visa issues while trying to leave England, where he'd been playing club cricket.

Still, Tom Latham, who will captain the side in their longer form games on tour, is looking forward to getting the trip off on the right foot.

The squad have yet to see the pitch for today's game but got a taste of the sticky, humid conditions in the nets yesterday.

They've also noted some familiar names in the Indian A side, although not as many as they had been expecting.

Latham is clear on the objective of the tour.

"The main thing is we want to win the series against India and then continue the momentum for the rest of the tour through Sri Lanka.

"By doing that, individual performances and higher honours will take care of themselves."

Part of the thinking behind the tour is to give players more experience in sub-continental conditions, given the amount of cricket New Zealand will be playing there in the next few years.

"There's a lot of guys who haven't played in these conditions. It's going to be a test but a good chance to put their names in front of the selectors," Latham said.

Otago wicketkeeper Derek de Boorder will keep the first two games in India before being replaced by Luke Ronchi, with de Boorder heading to the Champions League with Otago.

New Zealand A, who had a training camp in Maroochydore, will play two first-class and three 50-over games against India A, followed by the same split in Sri Lanka.

‏@ish_sodhi
    Day 1 just a tad wet I think...

Plant rice and on day 3 they can harvest it

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information