• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 3 ODI batsmen of all-time

Vote for the TOP 3 ODI batsmen of all-time

• Total voters

bagapath

International Captain
Looking at the Dhoni/Greatest ODI batter thread I want to know who CW forum members rate as the best ODI batters of all-time.

I have pool according to the different roles batsmen play and chosen 20 of them who could be in the running.

Please vote for THREE players of your choice in this poll. If you want to vote for someone else not listed in there, mention him in your post.

Openers:

Tendulkar, Anwar, Jayasurya, Gilchrist, Greenidge, Amla, Haynes, Ganguly

Middle Order:

Richards, Lara, Ponting, Jones, AB de Villiers, Hussey, Miandad, Inzamam

Finishers:

Dhoni, Bevan, Klusener, Symonds

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tendulkar
Richards
Bevan

Bevan makes it over Dhoni as Bevan scored his runs in a tougher time for batting than Dhoni did.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar - best opener
Richards - best middle-order
Bevan - best finisher

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Tendulkar, Richards and Ponting. Dhoni, Jones, Amla and AB DeVil close.

I don't care for "finishers".

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Kind of shows how amazing tendulkar and viv Richards are because I'm pretty sure most people would include them in their top 3 test batsmen of all time

Dissector

International Debutant
Kind of shows how amazing tendulkar and viv Richards are because I'm pretty sure most people would include them in their top 3 test batsmen of all time
Not sure about "most" but both of them are up there along with Hobbs, Sobers, Greg Chappell and Lara.

As for ODI's I would go with Richards, Tendulkar and Dhoni. Bevan is close but Dhoni's superior strike rate and ability to hit big shots at will wins out for me.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Its wonderful to see Dhoni right up there. Usually we @ CW dont rate players who have not yet retired so this is great.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
CW rates Tendulkar IIRC, also Kallis.
Some guys generally ask us to wait for 100 years till the players play in all conditions facing all type of bowlers on all countries before rating them..He is referring to them. Kallis and Sachin do not fall into that category. Usually Steyn and Philander do.

bagapath

International Captain
Those who didn't get a single vote still make an excellent top order

Anwar
Greenidge
Miandad
Inzy
Hussey