• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Blocky

Banned
Or Fulton and Rutherford keep stinking up the joint. Has Fulton actually scored any runs in first class cricket this season?

Edit: lol at Franklin playing for his average this morning. Probably still thinks he has a chance of playing for NZ again, how cute.
He should take up right arm legspin, get him in the side within a month.

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
Saw the ground the Districts are playing on referred to as a green seamer. Is that a first for McLean Park (aka Roady McRoad)?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, they played on a really green pitch during a game last year. I think it was against Auckland but can't be sure. CD won by heaps after Milne hit a typical tail-ender 90-odd in a CD first innings of 300+ and then took 5/50 to skittle the opposition for about 150.

Edit: actually now that I remember, I think it was against Otago. Seem to remember footage from the vault of Neesh looking disgusted at being given out caught behind off a Milne outswinger.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's always been green. Sinclair can make any pitch look flat; now that he's retired we're seeing the pitch for what it really is.

What a guy.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ravs doing a real stone-walling effort down at Wellington. If he can push through the current lean period and go on to a big score that'll be a pretty big statement about his temperament.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't realise Latham actually has a NZC contract. Nice to see that he's rewarding their faith - although I suppose he has been in the LO team for a wee while.

Contracted players:
Corey Anderson
Trent Boult
Doug Bracewell
Dean Brownlie
Grant Elliott

Peter Fulton
Martin Guptill
Tom Latham
Bruce Martin
Mitchell McClenaghan
Brendon McCullum
Nathan McCullum
Kyle Mills
Colin Munro
Hamish Rutherford
Tim Southee
Ross Taylor
Neil Wagner
BJ Watling
Kane Williamson

That's four contracts that I think are unlikely to be renewed. Pretty easy to see where the remaining contracts will go:
Jesse Ryder
Adam Milne
Luke Ronchi
Ish Sodhi

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Bracewell picking up wickets on a green seamer is kinda annoying. We know he can do that. Needs to learn to not spray it around and bowl to a plan.

Howsie

International Captain
Would be quite nice to see Mitchell stand up now against this attack on this pitch. Big time runs you'd call them.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
2nd 50 up for Latham. Big statement given the failure of all the other openers in the country in this round.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I didn't realise Latham actually has a NZC contract. Nice to see that he's rewarding their faith - although I suppose he has been in the LO team for a wee while.

Contracted players:
Corey Anderson
Trent Boult
Doug Bracewell
Dean Brownlie
Grant Elliott

Peter Fulton
Martin Guptill
Tom Latham
Bruce Martin
Mitchell McClenaghan
Brendon McCullum
Nathan McCullum
Kyle Mills
Colin Munro
Hamish Rutherford
Tim Southee
Ross Taylor
Neil Wagner
BJ Watling
Kane Williamson

That's four contracts that I think are unlikely to be renewed. Pretty easy to see where the remaining contracts will go:
Jesse Ryder
Adam Milne
Luke Ronchi
Ish Sodhi
Siddons to implode into a million tiny fragments if last remaining centrally contracted Wellingtonian to lose his contract.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Siddons to implode into a million tiny fragments if last remaining centrally contracted Wellingtonian to lose his contract.
can't avoid it though. When's the last time Elliot played for NZ, and is he likely to play when there are younger, superior players around fulfilling the same role?

Unless they drop Munro instead, I can't see Elliot keeping his contract.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
there are actually very few Test players who have a Hughes level of consistent domination. India is the only place where that happens on a regular basis before they make it to the team. Thinking Rahane.
Nah i meant as in until he gets too good for first class cricket, which he isn't quite yet, but yeah only a few batsmen every get to that point

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If you look at the current game - and actually a few others this season - it does give me the impression that he's too good. Look at the contributions from the top orders; he stands out like a sore thumb. Obviously this is just one season, but both Rutherford and Fulton were picked on the back of form.

I suppose you could make the claim that Latham is benefitting right now from not having been picked too early, whereas Rutherford never really got to the point where he was too good for first class cricket and is hence failing. TBH though, I think Latham is in the Williamson category in that he'd be good enough to develop his game at the top level.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I suppose you could make the claim that Latham is benefitting right now from not having been picked too early, whereas Rutherford never really got to the point where he was too good for first class cricket and is hence failing. TBH though, I think Latham is in the Williamson category in that he'd be good enough to develop his game at the top level.
I agree, but he's definitely not there yet. Needs to stop giving away his starts to start with