• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
@ howsie: high score: 48*

no ones saying he won't be a good player but your overhyping of hawke cup and hamilton club cricketers as the next domestic gods is reaching self parody levels, especially since you change your tune as soon as they leave and now seem to be in line with your once hated ex-coach.

looks like kugglejuggle is having some fun. good on wellington for giving him a chance a few years back rather than letting him straggle behind the mighty brandon hiini forever.
Just remember that we didn't believe Howsie when he was talking up Anderson.

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think Flem was erroneously referring to Will Young there with that pun instead of Ben Smith. If so then he is likely spot on as many see Will Young as a pretty decent prospect.

Flem274*

123/5
Scott Kuggeleign is a more promising batsmen than Ben Smith, says it all really. Perhaps he's the most promising young bat in the CD area but country? Nope not even close.
Oh you meant Smith. Don't really see how you can compare an uncultured hitter like Kuggs to a top order batsman, but full power to you. I suspect Kuggs would have an ordinary time facing the new ball music rather than cashing in down at the Plunket Shield engine room.

And Smith is still better than Devcich.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha yeah Phlegm did his slightly Tourette's thing there, "what's the the worst thing of mine Howsie could trash: Will Young", then by the end of the sentence he actually was. :p

Flem274*

123/5
Just remember that we didn't believe Howsie when he was talking up Anderson.
We all knew Anderson was a talent; we were just skeptical until the A tour and then Bangladesh hundreds. It's about as brave as me suggesting Milne, Wheeler and Small have it in them to be guns. Stating the obvious.

Still yet to see a test side really test if his compulsive driving is gone as well tbf.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
We all knew Anderson was a talent; we were just skeptical until the A tour and then Bangladesh hundreds. It's about as brave as me suggesting Milne, Wheeler and Small have it in them to be guns. Stating the obvious.

Still yet to see a test side really test if his compulsive driving is gone as well tbf.
Nah, we all thought he was good, just not as good as Howsie claimed.

Howsie

International Captain
Oh you meant Smith. Don't really see how you can compare an uncultured hitter like Kuggs to a top order batsman, but full power to you. I suspect Kuggs would have an ordinary time facing the new ball music rather than cashing in down at the Plunket Shield engine room.

And Smith is still better than Devcich.
I'm not and I wouldn't, Smith is obviously a better batsmen from a technical standpoint but I do believe Kuggeleign has a lot of potential with the bat, in fact probably more than he does with the ball. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he made it as a batting all rounder as opposed to a bowling one.

Flem274*

123/5
Kuggs is a weird one. I keep thinking he's average but every season he makes massive strides relative to where he was. When Wellington took him in he was so raw. His action was dire, so he improved it. Then he came along with the bat a bit. His pace used to fall away after two overs in T20 but now he can sustain 135+ for longer. Then he got his economy a bit under control.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Latham's boundary compilation makes some bloody good viewing. Cover drives, straight drives, on drives, drives on the up with soft hands to swinging deliveries, hook shots, cut shots, sweeps, leg glances...

shots off both feet or whatever the saying is.

Looks like Rutherford got a good ball. It also looks like Craig genuinely bowled well.

Meridio

International Regular
Good to see Tom Blundell making runs, he's a talented player, and watching his boundaries in the vault makes for pretty good viewing.

On a different note, Woodcock's dismissal was good for a lol.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Latham's 93 is starting to look very impressive. It's a pity for him though, it would've gotten so much more attention if he'd just managed to tough it out for 7 more runs.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Getting harder and harder to stave of the Latham brigade (I'm looking at you hendrix). But until he starts to achieve a Phil Hughes level of consistent domination he needs to stay in first class IMO.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
there are actually very few Test players who have a Hughes level of consistent domination. India is the only place where that happens on a regular basis before they make it to the team. Thinking Rahane.

Howsie

International Captain
Getting harder and harder to stave of the Latham brigade (I'm looking at you hendrix). But until he starts to achieve a Phil Hughes level of consistent domination he needs to stay in first class IMO.
Or Fulton and Rutherford keep stinking up the joint. Has Fulton actually scored any runs in first class cricket this season?

Edit: lol at Franklin playing for his average this morning. Probably still thinks he has a chance of playing for NZ again, how cute.

Last edited: