• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Single Test or Fifty ODIs?

One Test or Fifty ODIs?

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's deliberately coded in like that to stop you typing a ridiculous long string of letters with no spaces that would stretch out the width of the forum and spoil the display, like if you posted a really wide image.

Of course if you wanted to do that then you could always just actually post a really wide image, so the idea is flawed, but it's the thought that counts.
example:

eh. bummer
Nah, more like a photo of your gf.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think 50 ODIs, but probably always had an idea that as a player, I've probably been more suited to shorter forms.

Funnily enough, if it were for Victoria, I'd probably say 1 FC match.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's deliberately coded in like that to stop you typing a ridiculous long string of letters with no spaces that would stretch out the width of the forum and spoil the display, like if you posted a really wide image.

Of course if you wanted to do that then you could always just actually post a really wide image, so the idea is flawed, but it's the thought that counts.
:laugh: Such a coincidence. You explained the same thing to me over at CS just a day or so back.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'll go with the "I'd like to represent my country 50 times as opposed to one" crowd. If we are being practical about it, then the money and travel that comes with playing 50 matches as opposed to one makes it a complete no brainer to me.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's all about the context really. I'd go with the ODI's, because the likelihood is that in the one test you'd be crap, hence you not playing any more tests. I'd rather play 50 ODI's, where there's probably a few good performances from myself and happy memories, possibly even a world cup campaign too, instead of likely being a bit of a laughing stock such as Darren Pattinson or Bryce McGain. Heck even if you don't disgrace yourself in that one test, it's unlikely you'll be remembered for it at all. As Pothas said, I bet Carberry would take away his test cap to play the next 50 ODI's for England, especially as it would include a Champions Trophy and a World Cup.

And of course, there are also the financial benefits.