• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe All-Time Test XI - Open Voting

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Johnson, G. Flower, Goodwin, Houghton, A. Flower, Campbell, Taibu, Streak, P. Strang, Blignaut, Brandes

Don't think Traicos belongs there, and Price is bit unlucky to miss.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Goodwin, Houghton and Flower comfortably got home on the middle order batting vote.

Paul Strang won the spinner vote over Price 11-8.

That gives us:

1. Grant Flower
3. Murray Goodwin
4. Dave Houghton
5. Andy Flower
8. Paul Strang
9. Heath Streak
11. Kyle Jarvis

I'll just ask you now to select a wicket keeper.

You may select Houghton or Flower for team balance reasons if you wish; if one of those two wins the poll then we'll have another vote for the position opened up by it at the end.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'll vote for Taibu.

Flower kept for team balance reasons rather than because he was a natural gloveman and he wasn't particularly tidy. He got the job done but I think if there are other options they should be explored. Taibu isn't far off the other middle order batting options and frees up Flower to just bat; he was also an absolutely fantastic gloveman. I don't really know a lot about Houghton's wicket keeping in general but I do want him to bat four and I shy away from having my keeper bat top four.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'll vote for Taibu.

Flower kept for team balance reasons rather than because he was a natural gloveman and he wasn't particularly tidy. He got the job done but I think if there are other options they should be explored. Taibu isn't far off the other middle order batting options and frees up Flower to just bat; he was also an absolutely fantastic gloveman. I don't really know a lot about Houghton's wicket keeping in general but I do want him to bat four and I shy away from having my keeper bat top four.
I think this was my exact justification when I mentioned wicketkeepers earlier on. Hence, this.

Chubb

International Regular
I'll have Flower keep. Don't think Taibu had enough with the bat to justify picking him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Difficult choice but I'm going to go with Flower as my keeper so we can pick an all rounder at 7 and another classy batsman like Taylor at 6.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll vote for Taibu.

This. And it's not like Taibu was that much worse with the bat than the other options.