• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hardest job in cricket

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Wicket-keeper Batsman

Could you tell me any famous player who is both a good wicket-keeper and a good batsman?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now must fly.........just got word that a whale has beach itself on my local beach.....
Is this the job that bought you to Australia?

Just asking as I thought you might've been forced to move to support your trade, as no self-respecting whale would be seen dead on an English beach.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Is this the job that bought you to Australia?

Just asking as I thought you might've been forced to move to support your trade, as no self-respecting whale would be seen dead on an English beach.
It wasn't specifically the whales, but you're very close.

When I was a young man and decided to "save the world" it soon became clear there wasn't much to save in my home country (If I'd have known of LT at the time I might have stuck around.......clearly a very troubled soul). So I did some research and found that there was opportunity abound in HMP Oz for my new found profession.

The last few years my charitable time has been devoted to almost one group of very sad and desperate people........Australian cricket fans.

It is exhausting but I've worked tirelessly to help these people come to terms with the state of modern day Australian cricket. Just last night at a homeless shelter I spent 3 hours patiently explaining to some poor soul how David Warner can never be the next Matthew Hayden and that Nathon Lyon would not go onto to take 700 test wickets.

Another fello, clearly chemically affected was convinced that Glenn Maxwell is indeed worth a million bucks and would one day become the great allrounder that will save the Aussies. This one took some very tough love, I sent him on his way devastated.....dreams shattered, but at the end of the day he knew the truth which I think is important.

Then there was this guy that thought Mitchell Johnson was good.......I gave up on him. Some jobs are just too big.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It wasn't specifically the whales, but you're very close.

When I was a young man and decided to "save the world" it soon became clear there wasn't much to save in my home country (If I'd have known of LT at the time I might have stuck around.......clearly a very troubled soul). So I did some research and found that there was opportunity abound in HMP Oz for my new found profession.

The last few years my charitable time has been devoted to almost one group of very sad and desperate people........Australian cricket fans.

It is exhausting but I've worked tirelessly to help these people come to terms with the state of modern day Australian cricket. Just last night at a homeless shelter I spent 3 hours patiently explaining to some poor soul how David Warner can never be the next Matthew Hayden and that Nathon Lyon would not go onto to take 700 test wickets.

Another fello, clearly chemically affected was convinced that Glenn Maxwell is indeed worth a million bucks and would one day become the great allrounder that will save the Aussies. This one took some very tough love, I sent him on his way devastated.....dreams shattered, but at the end of the day he knew the truth which I think is important.

Then there was this guy that thought Mitchell Johnson was good.......I gave up on him. Some jobs are just too big.
John Inverarity is homeless :-O

nexxus

U19 Debutant
A luxury compared to supporting Kent.
[Yorkshire accent]
Supportin Kent? Hardship, pfft. Why that's just pure opulence compared wif supporting KZN Dolphins, I'll tell ya. Have to wake up at 8 in morning, go down Kingsmead an watch 'em get tonked evry week. An when they winning, it's raining it is.
[/Yorkshire accent]